Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Not a sign of madness.....just a way to be........

I  always like to get January out of the way. Makes me feel better about the coming year.
How I feel about things or how I see things is often pictorial in my mind...for instance...going to work is a little like having to repeatedly climb up and over a giant toblerone shaped object...up and down and up and down and up and down until each week is behind me......or going up a ladder that never ends.
In February I like to mentally focus on how I anticipate the rest of the year and it looks a little like  'climbing, on your hands and knees, across the high swaying rope bridge' of the year, and inching forward, with each little movement becoming easier and moving you towards standing up, being in sunshine, and feeling better about getting to the other side. If there is another side....and if I am granted another year. We are all on shifting sands aren't we?







9 comments:

Cro Magnon said...

I recently thought, with no major projects in store, that I had nothing to look forward to. I shall have to find something.

sensibilia said...

I like your pictures of the year. Ref being granted another year - have you or someone close been diagnosed with something? My husband is going for a biopsy (exploratory at this stage, and it certainly concentrates the mind.

libby said...

Cro, you are very much, to my mind, a do-er so a project is a must for you..and of course there is the new grandchild to look forward to also.

S, I'm crossing my fingers for your husband....as to your question, then no, but thank you for asking.

Nana Go-Go said...

I'm binge watching 'Gilmore Girls'. I couldn't possibly comment or concentrate on anything else but events unfolding in Stars Hollow, where I'm vicariously living at present!!

libby said...

Nana, I've never seen this programme but a friend loves it...might check it out.

Pam said...

We are indeed. Cling on!

Mrs. Splapthing said...

@Nana Go-Go - I just finished watching all the Gilmore Girls episodes too! LOVE LOVE LOVE! (Not so crazy about the newest re-vamped ones, though...) I am always more a fan of the original stuff, be it music, movies, or 1950s kitchen linens.

Mrs. Splapthing said...

@libby - February is my least favorite month of the year... gotta get through it before I feel hopeful again. Actually, since I live in the USA, I'm not really sure when I will feel hopeful again.

libby said...

Pam, one foot in front of the other is the way.
M, don't give up...hope is the answer and things will change.