Monday, January 23, 2017

Blogger is messing with me...........

For some time now I have been having problems with this blog, and using blogger to post comments on others. I do struggle with change in any format and like the routine of accessing things in certain ways and being a bit ocd-ish about the steps taken to achieve anything....that doesn't make a lot of sense to anyone but me I guess, perhaps it is easier to say that I am the sort of person who can't have lots of tabs open at once and closes drawers or cupboards or websites when they no longer need to be open and never leave myself 'signed in' to anything. I like routine. Even steps that I can see are not necessary, will continue to be taken by me because that is the path I am on. I know of course that this makes me sound very peculiar..so be it. So...blogger.....why do you keep telling me that I don't have a blog? ...it is here...... my little piece of the internet..my little dip into the ether.... where I read other blogs and very occasionally other blog people read and comment on mine.
Maybe the Universe is sending me a message and I need to walk away and not get irritated by such a little problem....maybe alter my routine .........perhaps it is time.

10 comments:

Tom Stephenson said...

I am exactly the same when it comes to things like tabs and doors. I always put the caps back on tubes of stuff, even if I know I will be using it again shortly. I too struggle with change, especially when it comes to technology. We can't keep up.

libby said...

Thank you for this comment Tom. It comforts me to know I'm not the only one!

Mrs. Splapthing said...

Don't feel bad... I live in New York, and ever since I got back from my vacation in Scotland, my blog address has been ".co.uk" instead of ".com" as it has been for the last umpteen years! Why? I don't know! I've been back for months now, so if it was just my going to Scotland that made it switch to a UK address, it should have switched back to the US by now, eh? And I never accessed my blog once while I was in Scotland, either. So .... ????

Nana Go-Go said...

Mrs. Slapthing, apart from that, I hope you had a marvellous time in Scotland.
Libby, I was online the other night when a very strange message, allegedly from Microsoft popped on to my screen, all flashing lights and even a voiceover telling me my computer was at risk and someone was trying to steal my personal information and to phone a 'toll-free' number to speak to a Microsoft Engineer! I quickly called my friend and he said 'it's a scam, don't click on anything and shut your computer down for the next five minutes then restart, the message should have disappeared by then', which I did and it did. Gave me quite a start, I can tell you. I'm ultra-careful when I'm online and I don't do online banking either. Are you an Aquarian? I am. We hate change.

John Gray said...

Ive lost contact with you... Back now x

Cro Magnon said...

Do you turn your computer OFF when not in use, or just put it into 'absent' mode? Just holding down the on/off button for 10 seconds, and letting it re-boot again the next day can cure small ailments. Just an idea.

libby said...

M..don't you hate the way you never feel in control? I suppose just relaxing and not worrying is the way to go.
Nana..how irritating that must have been...and I'm Scorpio!
John..welcome back x
Cro..thanks for that, but in fact I do turn the computer off when I've finished...it ties in with the closing cupboards and tabs and shutting drawers thing that I have to stick to.

sensibilia said...

That's odd, I am using the same blogger as you, but have not had any recent issues. Shutting down always a good idea. If anything isn't working, that's what I do. Also, I do have Norton, which some bright sparks tell me is a waste of money, but I have found it has proved its worth.

libby said...

S..we used to have Norton on our computer but now just have something else (you can see how much I know.....)

Yorkshire Pudding said...

I hear of other people having problems with Blogger but I have never had any problems whatsoever. I hope you can find a way round this. If the worst comes to the worst, perhaps launch a new blog with a clear link from "D-scribes". You could call it "Babe Station"...! Your viewer statistics would really zoom up.