Sunday, July 10, 2016

Tomorrow is promised to no-one.........

Somebody said this to me or I read it recently and it has been going around and around in my head.
Today is here and I am in it and who knows what the future brings. I am not afeared though...I was until a little while ago but have now decided to be sanguine about it....it will be ok..the world will turn, there will be good and bad and worry is pointless.
There is to be no Brexit/politics/tennis/football/cycling/US elections/world calamity in this post.
If, as I have decided, I am to really try and savour each and every day I have had more than enough of all of those subjects just for now. I am going to focus on the good, or even the just alright. Think about what I like and what pleases me. Smile each day. Re-energise my blog and publish posts about music and memories and lists and nonsense and sex and friends and whatever I feel like.
34 years ago today we got married. It was the hottest day of the year. Today is cold and windy and damp but that is OK because I have shelter and food and an incredibly fortunate life. I have posted about my wedding before so I shan't do it again, but it does seem like such a long time ago, and now
we are happily and eagerly awaiting the birth of our first grandchild in November, and I have wanted this for so long, it still seems a little unreal. So much to look forward to.......

OK - ask me a question.....give me a starting point........embracing friendships (both in real life and blog life) and mentally shaking things up a bit is the way forward I think........

17 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

I told a granddaughter recently that a perfect life never happens. But, she could come pretty darn close. The same as you.

libby said...

Hi Joanne.....thankyou. Hope your move has gone well...health and happiness to you and yours in your new home.

Bea said...

Thank you for this post. The world will keep turning, and I should remember to be grateful for having a roof over my head & decent health.

Happy greetings from the California coast!
-bea

libby said...

Hello Bea...welcome...which part of California are you in?

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Happy 34th wedding anniversary Grandma!...Or would you prefer Nana?

libby said...

Hello YP..and thank you. Y'know I think I might go with Nana!

Angela Lambert said...

Hey I'm glad you got your mojo/lighter perspective back again.
We had perfect summer weather today.Not gloating but if you want a summery day and an even longer line of perspective pop over.

Cro Magnon said...

We have 5 grandSONS, and would rather like a grandDAUGHTER. Such is life.

libby said...

Hello Angela...welcome.I did pop over and your description of St Cedds was wonderful...I could imagine myself there.
Cro..our son and daughter in law have chosen not to know the sex of the baby so we are even more excited and looking forward to the birth, and as it will be our first (we hope) grandchild we don't care either way..boy or girl will be truly fabulous

Lady Mondegreen's Secret Garden said...

Glad you mentioned Sex!
I'm thinking I'd like to catch up with you when I'm in LS about a month from now... soak up some of your positivity, though it sounds like you could be busy with your new grandchild (-:
PS Pleased you liked the fog photo.

Trish Burgess said...

Wise words, dear friend.
Congratulations on your wedding anniversary and on the news of your new grandchild on its way. That's such lovely news to hear.
Let me know when the post about sex is published and I'll pop over for a sneaky read ;-)

libby said...

LMSG.....ooh when are you in Leamington? and Grandchild is not due until November.
Trish...thank you, we are very happy about the baby..will keep you posted about the post!

auntiegwen said...

Lovely lovely Libby X so thrilled to hear about your new arrival xxxx lets get together and celebrate xxxx

libby said...

AG.yep..lets..xx.

Nana Go-Go said...

Yay to a Grandchild!!Congrats on the anniversary. Xxx

sensibilia said...

Many congratulations on forthcoming grandparental status! Wonderful.

libby said...

Nana....thank you...I am really looking forward to it...although it doesn't seem real just yet.
S .. very kind of you..thanks.