Friday, April 15, 2016

Tranquility restored.......

Today is unplanned....I am not at work and do not have to go to my parents..I am here and in charge of my day....no where to go nothing to do...and it feels a little strange. Of course I could find an awful lot to do in the house....dust and tidy and all that malarkey...but truly how necessary is that? as far as I know the 'tidy house police' aren't going to call and as long as the bed is made, the dishwasher is on, and there is bleach in the loo, then that is good enough for me. I don't have my car today, as my husband has put his car in to have an MOT so has borrowed mine.  So.....no plans.....no time restraints......I will ponder on what to do.

5 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

Home alone--I do believe I'd take the opportunity to de-clutter. Then a a project or a book. Then lunch and more of the same. Then someone would come home and it will just be another day.

Cro Magnon said...

Pour yourself a glass of wine, and watch Jeremy Kyle on TV; you'd soon realise how fortunate you are!

sensibilia said...

Hope you had a lovely day. I always think that a secretive slice of cake, or helping of chocolate, tastes better when eaten alone in total peace and quiet!

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Sounds like you were malingering yesterday Libby! That makes you a malingerer.

libby said...

Joanne....I had good intentions of de-cluttering and the like but the day sort of passed and I'd done a lot of not very much......
Cro....daytime drinking is reserved for weekends and holidays with me and you couldn't pay me to watch that TV programme...and I count my blessings every night.
S...thank you....I had a very relaxed pottering about day....felt a bit guilty about not getting much done but soon got over it!
YP....a day off WORK is always enjoyed.