Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Giving it a go.....

Ok so I'm going to answer the questions set by Jay (and if you have no idea what I'm on about never fear...that isn't an unusual state of affairs with me apparently...).

1) What would you do on your ideal day? 
Have to come back to this one...............although I know what I wouldn't do...go to work.

2) What did you want to be "when you grew up"? And did you achieve it?
I wanted to marry a vet, live on a farm, be a stay at home mom and have about 6 kids...OR... be an opera
singer.......and so far I haven't really ticked that box have I?

3) Tattoos and/or piercings; do you have any, do you love/hate them?
I love tattoos on some men....remember my Mr O'Shea post? but I dislike them on laydeeez.

4) Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
I would like to be alive, with all my family (and possibly some grandchildren), be retired and living in a 'fat and happy' contented way...probably still in this house but one more move or an extension would be lovely.

5) What are you reading right now?
Blogs .... no books at the moment.

6) Serious theatre or musicals; or do you not visit the theatre?
Musicals make me very very happy, but I also love a good play or opera.......don't go to live gigs anymore and in fact don't go to the theatre very much at all, but......a bit like sex you remember why you like it when you do it....

7) Do you have a secret crush? (famous person or otherwise!)
Boringly.... no I don't....

8) Who knows about your blog, or is it secret?
My Blog is secret-ish  and I would be horrified if my friends in real life knew about it.......or my workmates.
My family know about it, apart from Ma and Pa and Big Sis/Bro.....but the mister and the kids appreciate how much I love the blog buddies I have made.

9) Would your ideal holiday (if funds were unlimited) involve seeing more of your own country or worldwide travel?
Is it very greedy to say a little of both? I love the thought of travelling all over Great Britain at a leisurely pace and seeing how beautiful it is, but I would also love to see Australia, Scandinavia and New Zealand.

10) If you could rescue one item from your house in the event of a disaster what would it be? (family and pets aside)
Photos......kept in wicker hampers ready to grab and shove through a window if there is ever a fire...and a hard drive with photos....everything else is just stuff.

11) If you were invited to a fancy dress party would you get excited, have a head brimming with ideas and immediately throw yourself into creating a fabulous outfit or do you struggle and wish it wasn't fancy dress?
Don't think I've ever really done fancy dress - although it might be fun..or not....probably would prefer not.

How staid and dull this makes me sound eh?
Roll on my week in the sun....

7 comments:

Nana Go-Go said...

Once, in a galaxy far, far away, I went to a fancy dress party got up as the ubiquitous French Tart, my then father-in-law arrived at the party and commented that I didn't look any different! Says a lot about me way back when! A week in the sun, you say? Take me!!!lol Have fun in the sun, Libs. xxx

About Last Weekend said...

I love knowing more about you!!! That's so sweet that you are so secretive about your blog, it works for you in every way. except your family know Think you would love NZ, do you like champers and scones and nice baked goods and walks in the bush and isolated beaches???

The sex thing is funny.

I don't like tatts on some guys either - I think beckers doesn't look as good with them, mind you its his thin lips and all the laydeez he's surrounded with when he travels...

Cro Magnon said...

It's funny about who we want to view our blogs (or even why we write them). I really dislike tattoos; on anyone.

Steve said...

Have to say I would actively avoid a fancy dress party.

libby said...

Nana.....any pics?

ALW...NZ sounds just like my kind of place!

Cro...we do compartmentalise our lives a little don't we? or is that just me?

libby said...

Steve...yes I'm not sure I'd want to go to one either.

Jay said...

How nice to get to know you a little better, so many of us keep our blogs secret! I can't do fancy dress, I wish I could but I'm too scared of getting it wrong (like Bridget Jones!)