Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The last post.........of 2013......

I am extremely lucky to be able to report that 2013 has been an awfully good year for me.
No immediate family members died.
No one is in prison or hospital.
We all still have jobs.
There is a roof over our heads.
Water to drink and food to eat.
That is the important stuff....the way I remember to count my blessing each night.
When I get into bed and think 'best place in all the world'.
The year has thrown up challenges...but has also graced me with love, laughter and a bigger dress size...curse you mother nature...when will you let me find calorie free cake?
OK so now I am remembering each month....don't feel obliged to read any further..just skip to the end if you fancy..I won't be offended.
In January this year I saw Les Mis at the cinema.....my Christmas gift from my daughter is that in February next year she will take me to see it on the London stage....and I am looking forward to that immensely...time spent with my loved ones is truly special.
February was a truly splendid trip to Tallin with my mister, sister and brother in law. Such a good time...such memories.
March saw my son reach the grand old age of 28...he continues to be a source of great pride to me and the mister....hard working and kind.
April and May were punctuated by visits with family and friends and my daughters 22nd birthday...she is now a fully paid up member of the beautiful girl club.
In June my Ma was 21 again cough....
July held softly in its hands a very special graduation and the departure of my girl to London.......and at the end of the month a holiday in the sun with my sis and her family....memories were made.
August presented us with more birthdays and September ambled into an October that began with sadness...a funeral of an Aunt and a heart attack for my big sis....who luckily now seems to be quite stable on her medication...fingers crossed.
Late October and then November really made us dust off our weekend bags as we visited Warsaw, Cumbria and Gdansk with a weekend in early December in Copenhagen too....thank you cheap airlines.
Along the way there have been trips to the coast and visits to galleries and exhibitions and seeing friends and going to the cinema...attempts to pepper the daily grind of work with little treats each month...it is a way that works for me...little rewards for continuing to get up and go to somewhere I hate but somewhere that funds our life.
Still reading?...then these pics will be a change for you....photos that I have taken through the year that I didn't post or that aren't that good........but reflect my year.

Health and happiness and contentment is what I wish for each and every one of you this New Year....may you know peace and love X



10 comments:

John Gray said...

Happy new year old bean x

Cro Magnon said...

May 2014 be as busy, and interesting. Cro x.

Nana Go-Go said...

Same to you Libs, with extra diamonds on top!Great pics and fab hairdo - not dissimilar to what mine is like now that I liberated myself from the 'ageing hippie' look. Here's to you, kiddo. xxx

Steve said...

Hope 2014 is an amazing year for you!

auntiegwen said...

Sending all good wishes for 2014 xxx

Andy said...

Happy new year, hoping all good stuff comes your way in 2014!

Curry Queen said...

Happy New Year Libby! x

Jay said...

Wishing you a wonderful 2014 x

Marcheline said...

Happy New Year! Every time I see that ferris wheel, it reminds me of BBC's "Sherlock". I know, I know, it's featured in every show shot in London, but Sherlock is very dear to my heart. Because I'm in love with Benedict Cumberbatch. But you knew that.

Nota Bene said...

You did have a good year didn't you? How did I miss this post....and love the Nota Bene shop. Are those chocolate or Christmas decorations in the picture below?

Have a fab 2014 x