Thursday, January 2, 2014

Morning campers.....

Hi-ho Hi-ho it's off to work I go............
Trying to be cheerful about it but WTF.
Considering I started a little job of a weekend when I was 14 and I am now 59 then I think 45 years of BLOODY WORKING
is just about enough .....
I DON'T WANT TO DO IT ANYMORE.............
I suspect spending New Years Eve with friends, many of whom (younger than me) have retired, has put me in grumpy old lard arse mode..........so one more AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH...........
There you go.....rant over.......normal service will be resumed et bloody cetera.......

In fact normal service is not that normal as I am really struggling of late to remember words.....please tell me that such behaviour is not unusual, as I am becoming a little alarmed now..........looking at scissors and knowing that they are scissors but somewhere in your head not being able to formulate the word scissors is quite unsettling........couldn't remember the word de-icer this morning either.

What a cheerful little start to 'posts of 2014' eh?





















12 comments:

Cro Magnon said...

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

K Ville said...

de-icer! Blimey it's a good job we didn't have that white stuff all over the cars then...what's it called? Oh you know, the white stuff that isn't snow, arrrrgh, come on, no, it'll come to me. Sorry what were we talking about?

Work? I've dropped down to 4 days a week. I'm struggling for money but my sanity appears to be returning.

Yorkshire Pudding said...

I think you need to adopt some simple meditation techniques in order to cope with work pressures. As you go to work just keep saying "I am a butterfly" - either aloud or in your own skull. Then you will experience a heightened sense of kharma and feel at one with the world.

Isabelle said...

No, I'm in that category too. It was one of the things that made me decide to retire as an English teacher. I was beginning to panic that I'd start saying "Now, this is called a - " and be unable to remember the word "simile" or something!

auntiegwen said...

I can't remember my name most days ...

Lady Mondegreen's Secret Garden said...

Oh lord, and I'm only 53, but it's reassuring to know that other people forget uh... what was I saying? After I'd written my post about reading (which was quite a mental exercise) I couldn't remember any nouns when I talked to people in the real world! Hey Libby, thank you for commenting on my blog now and then. Happy New Year one way and another. Love Jeneane x

sensibilia said...

That no-mans-land between the last day of work and the resumption of same after New Year causes mental blackout. Most of the time I was struggling to work out what day it was.

libby said...

Cro...thank the universe for that..how reassuring.
K..work/life balance eh?
YP... don't tease me..I'm at the point of trying anything..
Isabelle...I am so glad it isn't just me..and your retired life is so busy how did you ever find time to work?
AG...Pollyanna x
LMSG...thank you so much..have a wonderful 2014 x
S..I like that forgetful time..not being ruled by the clock.

Steve said...

I swear that holidays make us sane and we clearly see the error of our ways in tying ourselves to the wage slave culture... but then we re-immerse ourselves back into the poison and continue on as normal for another year...

Jay said...

Happens to me all the time! And I really do not want to go to work on Tuesday!! Happy new year to you!

Trish Burgess said...

I always leave sentences open-ended these days and let my son finish them for me.

Nota Bene said...

Don't worry about the word thing....we're all like it sometimes...and yes if the world was right you'd be stopping work about now which is as it should be.

Happy New Year!