Tuesday, August 20, 2013

This and that.......

Another day off work......ooh I could get used to this kind of life....practising for retirement!
Not a great picture I know - but I have a new camera/phone and as yet I really don't know how to use it properly.
The best thing about time off is feeling free...... not clock watching and feeling like a prisoner waiting for the end of the day or week in order to reach the blessed sanctuary of the weekend.
The day is my own and I can do whatever I want whenever I want....what luxury.
My best kind of day is not filled with anything arduous, expensive or exciting or posh........but filled with the sort of activity that is pleasurable to me.......a leisurely breakfast, a visit to a charity shop or two, a walk around a pretty town or village, some tea and cake, reading, watching a film, visiting an exhibition or a museum.
Reading that last sentence to myself I realise that I sound like a card carrying member of the old fogies club....but who cares!
I am a lucky lucky girl......

10 comments:

Nota Bene said...

Sounds blissfully relaxing...secretly we're all jealous and want to do the same...

Marcheline said...

I think one of the mysteries in life is finding out that it is the older people who really know what's what... not the 20-somethings!

Trish Burgess said...

Enjoy the pleasure of your leisure...ooh that's poetry!

Nana Go-Go said...

A most pleasant way to pass the time. Museums and exhibitions are my thang - and I'm nowhere near an old fogey - yet! Have fun x

Cro Magnon said...

People who can enjoy the simple, and free, things in life are the luckiest. Those who have to spend a small fortune to enjoy themselves are the unluckiest. I count myself amongst the former group of card-carriers.

hula-la said...

Lucky, lucky girl indeed! Jealous of your freedom...sounds like a wonderful time!

Aloha

libby said...

NB...going back to work today was not much fun.
M..yes I agree.
Trish...whayay.
Nana...thanks Nana.
Cro...Flanagan and Allen had a song about it!
Hula-la....Aloha and welcome....yes working is a pain now.. I want to retire!

Yorkshire Pudding said...

It is amazing how lives are too often moulded by the work we do - like rats in a laboratory experiment. No time to think or simply to be. I am pleased you are sometimes able to take a little more control.

Curry Queen said...

Contentment is a rare and valuable attribute!

auntiegwen said...

Sounds blissful to me too xxx