Friday, August 16, 2013

On my doorstep.....

No, not a dead thing causing a smell, but lovely countryside and pretty towns. So instead of going to work today I had a trip to Stratford upon Avon with a friend.






As we had enjoyed breakfast in the Fourteas tearoom, where the accompanying music was lovely old '40's style I resolved to track down a cd in one of the many charity shops we visited.....and found just the thing...a 1930's compilation that was smashing to have on in the car on the way home! 

5 comments:

Cro Magnon said...

Those celadon cups still appear regularly on the BBC. Every time we spot some we all shout CELADON CUPS!

About Last Weekend said...

So jealous, I never spent enough time in that town, that gurgling (or is it babbling) brook just looks poetic. And the ration book. My father tells of old of being bought up on Lard on bread (on a good day) What a wonderful day out.

Trish Burgess said...

Sounds a perfect day. And another great charity shop find!

Marcheline said...

Now that? That sounds like my idea of a perfect day.

Nota Bene said...

Nice.