Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Time and tide etc.,

Crikey, October already.
Now that I am (supposedly) a grown up I have been indulging in that time honoured tradition of saying 'bloody hell where has the year gone' each time I turn onto a new picture on my calender...because I am old fashioned enough to have a calender pinned to the kitchen door. One that has birthdays and dental appointments and holiday dates on it, and these days, with no kids here anymore, no longer has lots and lots of after school activities and kids parties and sleepovers and sports days and .........oh those days were busy and hectic but so very wonderful.......I want to go back and do them again....
Do you remember when, if you were asked how old you were, you would say 9 and three quarters or 7 and a half? when you were that age those months were important and years seemed so long.
Now, once Halloween and my birthday are out of the way (and no they are not related) we will be on  the run up to Christmas......
I think I must have 'I want to be a grandparent - itis'......I really yearn to cuddle a baby.
Anyhoo as you can probably tell, this post is not really about anything at all, so I shall stop typing.

ps.. I am in the mood for list making though........any suggestions?

10 comments:

Steve said...

I am 43 and one quarter.

Cro Magnon said...

I've recently made a list of essentials in case we're snowed-in again this winter. Otherwise I have a list on my desk (somewhere) of things I have to do over winter (i.e. things that have been put off for very good reasons).

At the end of each year the local fire service, and the postmen, come round with 'free' calendars. So I have two (very expensive) ones hanging in front of me!

libby said...

Steve....what a young'un you are!
Cro...snowed in?? how exciting and dramatic....for how long?

Nota Bene said...

I'm not happy with Steve stealing my comment...not that I would have said 43. I've gone all modern and have a digital diary...that has managed to get me into serious trouble this week...I suggest a list of lists that need making

libby said...

NB....so digital or old fashioned calendar we can still get muddled...

libby said...

And of course I mean calend-a-r in the original post.......

Nana Go-Go said...

You can buy those really life-like dolls on Ebay if you're keen to cuddle, though personally, I find them really spooky. Best wait for the real deal to come along.Well worth the wait.
My boss gave me the 'Farmer's Calendar 2013' the other day...that should see me through next year quite pleasantly,particularly when next April rolls around...cor blimey!xThose Calendar Girls have a lot to answer for.

Curry Queen said...

The days do,fly by don't they? Even my 17 year old says so, so maybe it's not that I'm just old!

hausfrau said...

My family calendar will last a few years yet, the routine of term time and holidays does make time fly in a relentless but surprisingly pleasant sort of way, it's certainly nothing to do with my age...
I make lists almost daily: things to do today, tomorrow, eventually...

About Last Weekend said...

I have a paper calender and my husband keeps saying "use our Google calender! you don't need that paper" but I cling on.