Friday, July 6, 2012

Just so you know.....

If you see a woman in town tomorrow with a look across her face that says both grim determination and terror, give her a wide berth. It will be me on a mission. There is a ......I hardly dare say it.......bikini......out there somewhere with my name on it. After much 'but I'll look hideous' and 'but I'm much bigger around my belly/arse/hips than my boobs' and with a sprinkling of  'at my age? surely there is a law against that?' I am resolved. There will be quiet olive groves......there will be (hopefully) deserted beaches....there will be the little boat (just gulped with fear again then) for me and the mister.........so at some time I would like to get some air to my middle regions........wish me luck......ooh and avert your eyes.

10 comments:

Steve said...

Good luck with your bikini mission!

Trish @ Mums Gone To... said...

You go girl! If there is air around your midriff you will feel cooler and more comfortable, and that's what holidays are about.

Nana Go-Go said...

I was just going to say the same as Trish but she beat me to it!If you've got it in spades, Lady, flaunt it!Have a FABULOUS time Mr and Mrs D-scribes - wait until you taste all of that wonderful fresh food....and the cakes,mmmmmmmm....serious Paxos envy going on here!Looking forward to seeing lots of pics of blue skies,aquamarine seas and CAKES!

Marcheline said...

Honestly, I've never seen what the big deal about bikinis is... they hike up, fall down, and generally are annoying to wear. Even when I was skinny and in my 20's I always wore one-piece bathing suits. So much more comfy, you can swim and dive and do cartwheels if you feel like it, and everything stays where it's supposed to. If the material is light and springy, you don't even feel like you're wearing anything...

The additional benefit is that lots of one-piece suits are specifically designed to flatter a full figure. Most bikinis don't even flatter skinny people.

Here's hoping you find the perfect suit, no matter how many pieces it comes in!

Curry Queen said...

And why not? I think we've reached the age where we don't give a stuff what other people think anyway. Have a lovely time when the holiday arrives!

Macy said...

And of course it's so much easier to just ditch the lot and go skinny dipping when you've only a bikini on....It's a thought

Isabelle said...

Have a lovely time in the sun... Sun? What's that?

Gorilla Bananas said...

If you really have a big arse you should rejoice in it. That's the first thing I look for in a female.

sensibilia said...

Have a great holiday! Air on the body feels great - who cares what anyone else thinks - it's rude to stare!

About Last Weekend said...

There is that bikini out there pour tous. I loved the swimwear in Ted Baker, Heathrow Airport (candy stripes) so if all else fails and you run out of time you have that.