Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Good things......

I worked out a new role that suits everybody and my boss  thanked me and in fact I am glad I can relinquish some of the crap I needed to do before...so s'all good.
I paid a surprise visit to Ma and Pa today and we sat in the garden and had a shandy.....it was grand.
My friend had a yearly check for a health concern and she is ok for another year.
I have filled 3 black bags with stuff for the charity shop as I have had a really good sort out in the little room and have been really strict with myself...have I worn it? no...will I wear it? only if I lose weight (hahahahahaha) do I need it? no.......out it goes.
My bed is fantastically comfortable and I get to sleep in it every night.......not live on the streets.
If you cannot change something, then change how you think about it I suppose.........working for me at the moment.

7 comments:

Steve said...

Changing how we think about stuff is very liberating...

Isabelle said...

Good advice but not always easy...

Nota Bene said...

Very good thinking....I doubt I could manage that

Curry Queen said...

Well done on the job front - I admire your relentlessly positive attitude!

libby said...

Thanks for commenting everyone...but sadly today has been SHITTY and I am no longer positive!!!!!the waste of space who is taking my job has been in the office for 3 weeks and has been off sick for a few days in every one of them.....disappeared altogether today and I REALLY REALLY FEEL THAT I COULD SLAP SOMEONE..............ahem....breathe and plan your retirement ...just 104 weeks to go........

About Last Weekend said...

Great words - and for me it's always the little things that make it all better. I'm so happy it worked out with your boss and the roles have been sorted. I was worried about you. Ma and Pa in the garden with a shandy is always a recipe for happiness in my book.

libby said...

ALW...thanks..have had a blip but that is all it is just a blip...love your new photo.