Friday, July 27, 2012

Crikey.....I don't have the stamina.....

No - not to do anything weird and wonderful, but to stay up any later and watch all the athletes enter the Olympic stadium.......I never knew there were so many countries!
I hold my hands up and admit that although I am not interested in the Olympics, I peeked at the opening ceremony earlier this evening and sort of got hooked into watching the rest of it...up until now that is.
As a musical spectacle it was impressive, if only because the logistics were so amazing. Everybody seems to be having a good time.....lots of smiling and happiness. Smiling and happiness is good. Long may it continue.

9 comments:

Steve said...

We recorded it while we were at the cinema and now have about 5 hours of TV to wade through. A small confession: I'm probably going to fast forward through a lot of it...!

libby said...

Steve....good idea. What film did you see?

Kelloggs Ville said...

I loved the twitter commentary whilst I watched it live, doubled the fun.

Working Mum said...

I'm the same; the opening ceremony is the only bit of the Olympics I watch! I did cheat a bit though and had a little nap in the afternoon so that I could stay awake until the end!

Macy said...

I'm one of those who expected to be bored witless, and loved the opening ceremony.
Along with the twitter feed..!

Except for 90 minutes of athletes parading; at that point I rewound back to the start of the ceremony :)

Curry Queen said...

I just about managed to stay the course....and was very tired the next day. Loved the cauldron though!

About Last Weekend said...

I have not seen it proplerly but must look at it on the internet today. Am interested to read what Brits thought of it, some American did not "get" it which is weird...

Trish @ Mums Gone To... said...

We watched the ceremony in a hotel in Sweden - all three of us sitting up in the bed together until 2am! We could have done with an English commentary as it was difficult to work out what was going on at times and I do think the Swedish presenters were sniggering!!

sensibilia said...

We recorded it and went to beddy byes.

I'm relieved to see I'm not the only one without the stamina to even watch the sport on TV!