Saturday, June 23, 2012

On the wrong bus......

Blogging seems to be old fashioned now. Making me feel as if I am on a lovely old steam train with tweedy seats and a pot of tea rumbling along while most people are sky rocketing upwards and onwards into the blue. Tweeting and facebook will surely be replaced with something else soon too. Possibly some sci-fi way of just thinking about someone and an ethereal image will quiver and waver in front of you.....and if you try to touch it you can't.....like knitting with fog. You will be able to communicate with your thoughts! oohh..getting very Star Trek (see how old I am?) now. The future is quite scary to me, exciting to the mister. How different we are.
I may be on the wrong bus and travelling in the wrong direction with regard to modern life, and as having a 21yr old daughter in the house makes you buck your ideas up a bit re make up and clothes and trying not to look so care in the community ( my excuse? it is continually raining...it is grey and cold...if I want to wear lots of shapeless comfortable clothes and eat lots of cake and stodge then sod it I'm going to...what? really...I look like grandma?...mmmmmmmm) so today I plan to shake things up a little. In no particular order we will..attend to the house/laundry/chores and then I will wash my hair, apply some make up, wear something a little less 'I've given up now...just wrap me in a blanket and be done with it', spray on some scent and look forward to seeing the friends who are coming around to supper tonight........in other words, eat drink laugh and join the world again.
Whilst in this up and at 'em mood I said out loud that I was considering joining facebook - the look on the faces of my husband and daughter was just ....well ......I'm staying on this bus for now....but I have bought some new leggings to wear....and I know that they are not trendy anymore.......but I like them....
What d'ya think?

9 comments:

Steve said...

Blogging old fashioned?

Oh well. I was never cool even when I was young.

Nana Go-Go said...

It's not you who is on the wrong bus, Libs, it's everyone else!Just my humble opinion! I think you'll be a wow! in those incredible leggings:)Have a fun weekend.

Kelloggs Ville said...

FB and twitter are just time drainers, step away from the social media! I wish I was confident enough to wear those leggings! Have fun.

Lady Mondegreen's Secret Garden said...

No Facebook for me either. At a family do last night I was getting a bit of coaching with touch-screen phones. They seem too floaty for me - everything would disappear at a touch! Bravo for the leggings and now I,ll get back to my chair beside the log-burner...

libby said...

Steve...we have our own 'uncool' gang and that is fine.
Nana....I didn't wear the leggings in the end! just black ones with a vibrant long shirt....but one day!
K..still just going to stick with blogging...still enjoying it!
LMSG....a log burner!!! I am so so jealous!

sensibilia said...

Your post really made me laugh! I love the image of knitting with fog! Agree with Kellogs that FB and Twitter are timewasters. I have no truck with Twitter because I like to express myself in a leisurely fashion and at length. See below for an example! I joined FB with a view to keeping in touch with my niece in New Zealand after she gave birth to twins. I hate FB. Messages I've sent to her seem to disappear. Also, people I've never met and never will meet can read them. That's OK with blogging, where there is some degree of anonymity and a self-selected community of like minded people (as in your following). But FB is too open. I never post anythng about myself, and I ignore "friend suggestions" that FB pops up with all the time, because my friends tend to be from very different walks of life. Just to take yesterday for example, FB popped up with 2 new "Friend suggestions". One is a man I met in my first job, 35 years ago, who we keep in touch with because he and my husband have a mutual interest in steam trains. The other is the wife of my husband's second-oldest friend , again going back 35 years. If I put on my FB page "Was good to see you last weekend, loved going to Sandringham!" (meant for the wife), what would the old buffer make of that? It is none of his business! Just an example.
I'm glad you've decided to stick to blogging!

Curry Queen said...

I got FB about 6 months ago, much to the horror of my children although my son has since "befriended" me on the grounds that I am not allowed to contact him via FB. Ever. I don't use it that often but I have thoroughly enjoyed making contact with cousins I rarely get to see and old friends and colleagues. Go on - be a devil! ps love the leggings!

libby said...

Sensibilia...it does worry me sometimes that anyone anywhere can read my blog..I forget that it is out there in the ether....which is why I do try to not be too personal...but in reality I wish I was like all the 'here I am with my family..tell it like it is' blogs....after all who the heck cares really?..at least you have joined FB..so you can dip your toes in or not as the feeling takes you.
CQ...My son says go for it and my daughter is horrified that I might...so we will see...and I didn't wear the leggings in the end!

Trish @ Mums Gone To... said...

I do hope blogging is still the right bus as I'm enjoying the journey at the moment. I do like Facebook, used carefully it's really good for me to keep in touch with friends and family.
Love the leggings. Wear them next time!