Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Bits and pieces...

Last night I watched the third part of the Grayson Perry programmes looking at class in Great Britain.
He genuinely seemed to be able to make a point regarding accepted taste and personal taste without being unkind. He was tolerant and accepting of the people he interacted with and the things/places/clothes/accoutrements they each held dear and I loved his tapestries and was fascinated at how much detail he included in each piece. I would like to see them up close.

My girl is back from New York. She had a fabulous time and is safe and well and now resolved to go and live/work there. I think she needs to have a plan in order for that to happen, and the first step is to finish University here.........

4 comments:

Steve said...

I went to the Big Apple some years and it certainly has an enticing buzz about it.

Curry Queen said...

Glad she had a good time but I hope she doesn't up and leave you to live in NY...

About Last Weekend said...

Must look up those programmes - is that the editor of Vanity Fair, should be interesting. Have to say I love everything about NY and I would like to live there too!

libby said...

Steve...big City life isn't for me but she cannot wait to return.
CQ...that did cross my mind but life will throw at us what it will and we have to make the best of things.
ALW, no Grayson Perry is a transvestite potter/artist...and I imagine you could live in and light up any place you lived!