Sunday, June 24, 2012

Old friends....


Last night was a lovely evening. We have been friends for nearly 30 years so when we get together we are  comfortable with the fact that we might not have seen each other for months - we pick up where we left off and have a laugh. Sharing food and drink and trying not to only talk about the holy trinity of people our age.....mortgage/pension, state of the nation, retiring and being free of the daily grind. Luckily we are all still employed, but with one of our group being at his current job for the last 48 years, man and boy, those next 'free' years are so close we can almost taste them......but who knows the future? it was agreed that taking each day as it comes was the way forward.

4 comments:

Marcheline said...

Glad you had a good chat!

I'm wishing some of the folks where I work would move on to those "free years" and make room on the schedule list for the rest of us who've just started! There's one guy working there who was hired THE YEAR I WAS BORN. I'm 45 years old. Seriously, dude. Retire!

sensibilia said...

Ha Ha! With you there on the topics of pensions and the state of the nation!

About Last Weekend said...

What lovely sounding friends, fun and comfortable with lots of shared memories. Lovely table you have set there and I would love to see some more of that fireplace behind!

libby said...

M..I would love to retire..just have to get my gal through Uni., and then I'm done!! (or not depending on the state of our finances!)
Sensibilia...we do throw in some sex and drugs and rock'n'roll to mix things up a bit...
ALW.....thanks, we have been friends in the good and bad times..so I am lucky...