Monday, June 18, 2012

Birthday girl.....

Yesterday Ma was 82. She was happy and smiley and we all had a wonderful day.
Presents, flowers, chocolate cake....lunch out.
It was all good.

Sometimes, when I drive away from my weekly visit to my parents,  my hands are gripping the steering wheel, my shoulders are hunched, I will be frowning and I may or may not be in tears.

Thank you white-coated pharmacologist.

She may light heartedly moan that the tablets are making her put on weight (nothing at all to do with not going out, never exercising and having a very good appetite, or, as my Pa would say having a dinner so big that Arkle couldn't have jumped over it....) but sometimes the drugs do work.

5 comments:

Nota Bene said...

Happy birthday to your Ma...glad you all enjoyed yourself

Steve said...

Glad you both had a good day.

Nana Go-Go said...

My Ma was 82 in January and she's still driving herself around (and sometimes we sisters nuts!)and she wants to be with us all the time and be included in everything, which we indulge for her because it could all change tomorrow - we're all aware of that but would never tell her so - even though she hasn't always made living easy - so many more Happy Birthdays to your Ma and mine and everyone else's along the way.

Curry Queen said...

My ma will be 89 in August, God willing. She is desperate to make it till then so that she can accurately say she's "pushing 90"!!

Isabelle said...

82 is quite good. 90, in my experience, is less so. Glad you had fun.