Thursday, June 14, 2012

Oh to be young again......

I have just had a text from my daughter..........she says  'have dropped bags off at hotel - we are sat in the sunshine having a beer...v.sunny....xx' and now I can relax. Over the last day or so, we have had washing of laundry, unpacking/packing, organising transport and generally getting organised. As her main 21st birthday present we planned a trip to New York for her with her favourite cousin, who in fact is more like a sister to her. They set off with a little bit of anxiety and some very high heeled shoes.
They are both young, clever, beautiful (I am biased I know) and have 6 days in the big apple now to do whatever two gorgeous girls do....probably shop, eat, drink, dance, walk, explore etc., and I am so hoping they have a great (safe) time. It is not their first trip to NY but it is the first time they have been alone there (both have boyfriends here at home) and can do what they like when they like.
Oh to be young again...........

9 comments:

Nota Bene said...

How lucky for them! NY is such a fantastic buzzy city...I'm sure it'll all be safe...it's not quite the edgy city it's made out to be in films and TV is it?

libby said...

NB....after the big Mayoral clean up some years ago, NY is a great place to visit...I am jealous of the girls! ps just read your 'new' blog....looks very modern but I couldn't comment anywhere....

About Last Weekend said...

Oh just that text says it all. Such gorgeous girls! Lucky her to have a fab Mum to treat her to that! Oh to be young again..

Bonnie said...

I am so jealous! Can I come with next time? :) I could use a vacation.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Curry Queen said...

Sounds like a wonderful gift - what generous parents you are! I'm sure she'll have a great time.

libby said...

ALW, I was glad to get the text and know they had arrived safely.
Bonnie,..welcome!
CQ...I'm old fashioned enough to have wanted to give her a piece of jewellery for her 21st, but both of my kids preferred to have a 'trip' or experience, as a memory..so we saved and booked this trip.

Yorkshire Pudding said...

How very kind and selfless - to present your daughter with such a gift when you and "the mister" could have spent that money on luxury B&B's while hiking in the north of England! The Almighty will have noted your generosity in his little black book.

libby said...

YP...not sure about that, but now that the kids are both over 21 we feel that we can start to indulge ourselves a little more...before weddings and grandchildren arrive!
Luxury B+B's in the glorious north do sound good.....it's going on the list!

Trish @ Mums Gone To... said...

That's another city on my list. I hope the girls have a wonderful time. Very envious x