Sunday, May 20, 2012

Lazy weekend.....

All of the following have contributed to me having a lovely long work free two days.
I feel guilty about having such a non-productive time but it has also been rather wonderful.

Exhibit a - watching this...
which is one of my all time favourite black and white films....slushy, sad and with the beautiful Vivien Leigh. The accents and the mores and the clothes are a million miles from my reality but I do so love to watch/listen.
Exhibit b - trying to stop the cat from sleeping on the spare bed....
which included me taking a photo and then spending hours going through photos on the laptop......a delicious way to waste time in my opinion

Exhibit c - drinking tea........I don't drink coffee and I sometimes wish I did....it might give me more energy!

Exhibit d -


Reading.....either on the machines or on the printed page.

Exhibit e - watching the final episodes of The Bridge.......brilliant stuff.....and Martin is just so ...sigh.........

Tomorrow I will shift my arse and try to get motivated although in my defence I did a basket of ironing while watching the film so I haven't been a total waste of space this weekend. Wish me luck.
What have you been up to?

12 comments:

Steve said...

Sounds like you've had something akin to the perfect weekend to me.

Macy said...

Tsk Libby - that cat is tucked in. Methinks you need to check out her accomplice!

Nana Go-Go said...

That's what weekends are for Libs. Though I feel I have to advise you that your taste in men is utter rubbish (that is not a slight on Mr. Libs, who I'm sure is a very lovely fellow)and that Marteeen looks like he might have hallitosis,so I would like to direct you to 'Mad Men', most of whom look like they would smell divine, who dress sharp and know how to separate a woman from her underwear with one quick glint of the eye!You won't be disappointed! Have a good week, Libs and belated birthday greetings to your gal. x

Lady Mondegreen's Secret Garden said...

Delicious self-indugence. I relate to the cat photo and the distraction of what comes next when you get into your photos on the computer! And there's some of your Portmeirion china, which you have mentioned before and I said I would keep an eye open for it:-) By the way I enjoyed reading about your daughter's lovely milestone. Well done you.

About Last Weekend said...

All the the tea-drinking and paper-reading (I do miss those British newspapers) and film-watching sound heaven. I am taking a note of that film, love all those black and white weepies...

libby said...

Steve, well it was for me, but my ma is telling me off for it, saying I don't need so much rest!
Macy, she does look tucked in and that is why I took the photo! and then booted her off the bed.....
Nana, love that description of the men in Mad Men! yet Martin does it for me I'm afraid...sigh....
LMSG..ah yes, wasting time looking at photos...I love it!..
ALW...there are some black and white movies that are just MUST SEE.....I recommend Random Harvest, Now Voyager, and Rebecca...all three are in my list of well loved.

Thanks for commenting everyone but you didn't tell me what weekends you all had??

Nota Bene said...

Sounds glorious...

Marcheline said...

If there's anything cuter than a cat that will actually sleep under covers, I don't know what it is.

Yorkshire Pudding said...

We shouldn't feel guilty about idleness for sometimes your body and your inner spirit need that time out. What have I been up to? Shinning up coconut palms, building sandcastles, writing my new book, getting long oily massages on the beach. Blogland! It's a hard life.

Trish @ Mums Gone To... said...

I'm so behind on these Scandi thrillers, despite my words on my own blog. Still going though The Killing box set and couldn't manage another one at the same time...feeble brain. I hope The Bridge is worth waiting for.

Curry Queen said...

Somehow I missed this post - so apologies for the late comment. Your weekend sounds idyllic. We watched (finally) the last episode of The Bridge last night....so sad! Apparently series 2 is being filmed shortly. Let's hope Martin Rohde makes a reappearance!

sensibilia said...

Lovely pictures. Particularly like the teapot with distant views of flowerpots through the window.