Monday, June 4, 2012

Helloooooooooooooo.....

Just looked at the date of my last post. I am very lazy of late with this blogging business and yet I will persevere, and as many of my school reports indicated 'try harder'.

Since last we 'spoke' I have .........
Visited the Isle of Wight with the mister...

Had a St Tropez spray tan - no picture here folks...don't want to put you off your dinner...
Spent a few days with my sister (hello sis), my brother in law and my niece and the mister in Whitstable...

Been to the theatre to see a play with John Malkovich in it...
Done hardly any dusting/hoovering/housewifey type stuff...
Bought a Mulberry bag IN A CHARITY SHOP!...
Eaten tons and tons of stuff 'wot I shuddent' ...fish and chips, cake, crumpets, biscuits, crumble and cream....mmmmmm all of which was excellent...
Visited the Tracey Emin exhibition in Margate...
Watched Men in Black 3 with my niece...
Bought brand new Ugg shoes in my size IN A CHARITY SHOP!...
Met (face to face in real life and everything) Katy from http://katyboo1.wordpress.com/ ...
Thoroughly enjoyed NOT BEING AT WORK FOR A WEEK...

Today we go to see Prometheus at the cinema...

Tomorrow we start to return to normal with laundry/hoovering/shopping/ironing/general tidying and
putting on our 'back to work' faces

I can feel the joy starting to drain out of me already.....................................................

11 comments:

sensibilia said...

Wow, you have been busy! Lots of fun things to report. You seem to have some brilliant charity shops near you, or maybe it is your skill at spotting bargains!
I bought a great bag from TK Maxx on Thursday, very pleased with it. Might even take a picture for my blog, now that I am getting the hang of this photo posting thing.

Steve said...

Ah work always comes around too soon... hopefully your memories of these wonderful times will see you through the misery of work!

Nana Go-Go said...

Isn't it great to have the time to just do the things you actually want to do??
I rescued my boss's old Mulberry Scotchgrain bag from going in the bin a couple of months ago and even though it needed repairing, I got 50quid for it on Ebay!If yours is the genuine article, you could be quids in!My mate went to see the Tracey Emin exhib on Sat. Prometheus looks promising and I had fish and chips last night. Don't waste today thinking about tomorrow. ENJOY!
ps nice to 'see' you x

About Last Weekend said...

Wow! You've done loads since I "saw" you last (BTW, have been trying to hunt down that Waterloo DVD) Whistable is one of my favourite places - that oyster place and the movie theatre upstairs. Also good spotting on he Mulberry Bag and Ugg shoes! (You've paid for your week off!)

Lady Mondegreen's Secret Garden said...

Isn't it a buzz when you find top 'label' bags or anything in a charity/opportunity/thrift shop (I'm practising my international terminology skills for describing my wares for my new Etsy shop which is hovering in the wings).
Glad you have had a good holiday.

Nota Bene said...

Busy, busy...and how wonderful even if work looms. Only 3 days to Saturday!

Curry Queen said...

It all sounds absolutely blissful and I share your doom and gloom regarding the return to work :-(

libby said...

Sensibilia..oh please post a picture of the bag..I love to see great bargains!
Steve.....at least this will be a short working week.
Nana..if your boss puts any decent scent or jewellery in the bin can you give me a shout! Promotheseus was great..
ALW..I do hope you find a copy of Waterloo Bridge...if not then maybe I can 'do' you a copy..
LMSG...I was thrilled with my bargains...and your shop sounds interesting..
NB...not quite as busy as you but we have had a good week off...and yes roll on Saturday!
CQ...yes that sinking feeling of back to reality is just horrible isn't it?

Trish @ Mums Gone To... said...

Very envious of your bargains. Always such a joy getting something for a snip.

Glad you've just let the dust settle, so to speak ;-))

Marcheline said...

You had me at "John Malkovich". I adore him. How was the play?

libby said...

Trish....I was very very lucky with the shoes and bag...must have used up all my good fortune re charity shopping now.
Marcheline.....the 'play with music' was interesting - The Infernal Comedy....and he plays a murderer with the right amount of sleaze.