Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Whatever it was we didn't need it.......

The thing I couldn't remember? still can't, but it didn't matter as we had a lovely Christmas without it.

I am, it must be true, at least a stone heavier now than I was last Christmas, and I did just eat a bowl of trifle...ok lots of cream and custard calling itself trifle, even though I wasn't hungry. I just fancied it. I have no restraint at this time of year. Well truth be told I have very little restraint most of the year to be honest. Unless we're talking whitebait or oysters........I am very good at saying no to them.
And the eating and drinking will continue. One group of family members have been safely delivered home today and we have a slight lull before more are visiting in the next few days.

I suspect that come January 1st I will declare to anyone who will listen that I am going on a diet. They will nod and mmmmmmm, and then say nothing when they see me falling off the diet wagon, clutching a packet of crisps and a cake to my chest saying 'I'm a bit peckish'. Hope springs eternal though and I really will try, so I have four more days in which  I can carry on with the rest of the food'n'booze. Top up anyone?

7 comments:

Kelloggsville said...

your dying thought will never be 'I wish I hadn't eaten that christmas cake' : unless of course you're choking on it!!! Enjoy it whilst you have the opportunity to enjoy it :) ps why does it taste better when clutched to the chest :)

Steve said...

Make mine a double.

Curry Queen said...

Ha! You are a woman after my own heart Libby. I'm just wondering how long I can keep eating everything in my path on the pretence that it's still Christmas ...

Marcheline said...

A mimosa would go down a treat just now (as it's just 8AM here)... 8-)

Working Mum said...

You mean it's wrong to eat 5000 calories a day at Christmas? No one told me!

Nana Go-Go said...

A moment on the lips, Libs!Who cares? I seem to be eating my way back up to the stone I just lost!and you should see the size of the steak pie I have in my fridge for tomorrow's feast!Only two words will suffice for me, come the middle of next week....'Special K'!Can't wait :)
A Guid New Year to you, Libs and Lang May Yer Lum Reek!xxx

libby said...

K..if the food is in my grubby little paw no one else is having it.
Steve..no problem...cheers.
CQ...tomorrow I diet! always tomorrow....
Marcheline...how very exotic!
WM..I know!!!
Nana...thank you..I think...what is my Lum???x