Friday, December 9, 2011

On the road again......

I have spent hours and hours on motorways today. Drove north very early in the morning by the light of the big bright moon and then drove south in the dark again by the light of the moon. My dad was my  passenger, and was 'helping me' with suggestions about which lane to be in and which route to take.......as we were attending his sisters funeral, I didn't want to cause him any stress by letting him know that I am not 12 and do know how to get from a-b. Shall we just say that we had a bit of an adventure by taking the scenic route now and again when we didn't really intend to. But hey, I was with my pa and was lucky enough to come away from a cemetery with him still beside me, so s'all good.

I think I am going to ask Santa for a satnav.

7 comments:

Steve said...

Satnavs are great. We're late converts; thought they'd be horrible but actually they're damned useful.

Macy said...

My mother still warns me to be careful when turning right.

Everytime. I go in large anti clockwise circles whenever possible

Marcheline said...

Excellent perspective, and I applaud your appreciation of what's really important.

Kelloggsville said...

If, whilst I'm driving, my mother says one more time "I wouldn't have come this way" I will actually have to press the eject seat button

Curry Queen said...

My ma is great and doesn't ever tell me how to drive. The Shah is another matter entirely....

Trish @ Mum's Gone To ... said...

Satnavs can be a bit of a bugger but they make for good blog material....or is that just me?

sensibilia said...

I second Marcheline. You are so right - still having your dad right there next to you is priceless.