Monday, November 14, 2011

Cracow.......

Cracow was wonderful. The sky was blue, the air was crisp and the buildings beautiful. The food portions were generous and it is a City that likes cake!
We saw quite a few of these 'installations' (?) around the City. Not sure what they mean...perhaps an ecological timebomb reminder or just advertising of some description.

We tried local foods and the borscht (beetroot soup) was hot, tasty and very welcome after hours and hours of walking...

I did take lots of photos of the City but they are only really of interest to me I guess......I always find that postcards are a better bet for really beautiful places, as me and my point and shoot just provide what I call 'memory pictures'.

Now we are back and have no trips planned, all is back to normal. No more being an OAP in training and having free time. Back to work and I suppose some dusting and hoovering and ironing activities will have to take place around here.....mmmmmm...........at this time of my life I think that housework is very, very much over rated....who cares if you can write your name in dust on the bookcase? or have baskets of ironing sitting in the small room waiting to be done? surely being out and about and relishing each day above ground is much much better?

7 comments:

Trish @ Mum's Gone To ... said...

Absolutely! The dust and the ironing piles will always be there when you get back. Enjoy life. Howe else would you see carrots strapped to posts!

Steve said...

Carrot bombs? The eco war has started then.

About Last Weekend said...

How fantastic, how about those carrots? Art installation?

auntiegwen said...

Sounds blissful but the carrots are a tad puzzling. Can I interest you in a birthday lunch, with cake and wine?????

libby said...

Trish...how else indeed?
Steve...mmm what do you think they are?
ALW..I think so..or maybe lunch for the horses from the carriages that take tourists (like us) around the City...
AG...sounds lovely x

Marcheline said...

I've only seen it written "Krakow" so I thought "Cracow" referred to a bovine on narcotics (crack+cow) - ha! Glad you had a blast... CARROT-INDUCED PUN ALERT!

libby said...

Marcheline.....Krak-ow or Crak-ov, different people say different things and it was a lovely visit.