Monday, August 29, 2011

Too much stuff.....

As anyone who reads this blog will know, I am an avid charity shop shopper. Nothing makes me happier than an hour or two visiting these little bits of heaven on earth (not the smelly ones...no...not the smelly ones...) and browsing around finding little bits and pieces or an item of clothing that is just whispering to me 'buy me...I will look lovely on you.....and I'm only £2.99....and even if I don't look great on you,  you can give me to another shop and both charities will benefit...go on...you know you want to...'  - and I do.....I buy my skirt or blouse or jumper and take it home and then try it on again and twirl around in front of the mirror with a smile on my face......sad eh?...then after washing and ironing it - it joins all the other items in my 'dressing room' which is really just the smallest bedroom, and the repository for the ironing board and the treadmill that no one uses anymore and the basket(s) of ironing that I have to really really be in the mood to do.  Well today I did lots of washing and ironing and I have to admit.....I have too much stuff. Five pink blouses? admittedly there is variation in sleeve or a button here and not there and fitted as opposed to loose linen....but at the end of the day......five pink blouses?
Something has to be done. In my defence, this weekend I bought a beautiful planet skirt for £4.99 and a DVD of a fabulous film for my mister for £1.99.......seven pounds of coin of the realm that was well worth spending in my opinion....and yet.............
My name is Libby and I am an addict.
Just like my 'posting every day in August' nonsense, which huzzah is nearly over, for my next trick I think I will try not to buy anymore charity shop stuff........
watch this space.....

9 comments:

Working Mum said...

My mum has just started working in a charity shop - fatal! She seems to buy most of the stock herself!

Trish @ Mum's Gone To ... said...

Five pink blouses? Well that's one for Monday to Friday. Just a couple more for the set, Libby.
Methinks I need to visit charity shops a bit more often if there are such bargains to be had.

Nana Go-Go said...

To keep the balance, when you buy one thing, you should also chuck one thing out. That way you may eventually end up with only one of every colour!!!That`s the theory anyhoo!Have a good week, Libs. x

Marcheline said...

At the end of this post, the only thought I was left with was "Planet skirt???? Planet skirt???? What the HELL is that?!??!"

Off to google, ta!

Steve said...

There are worse venues within which to part with your money... as you say, at least at charity shops other people are benefitting from your addiction!

libby said...

Am I the only one though people? do any of you 'thrift' shop?

Working Mum said...

To answer your question - I rarely get time to go to shops; on-line shopping is my saviour!

Curry Queen said...

I love a good charity shop but I only ever seem to find books and I've got more than enough of those already!

Nana Go-Go said...

Charity Shopping today - 1 Black M+S Cashmere Cardi,£5;1 pair of Black M+S dress trousers,£4.50;1 brand new White M+S long sleeve T-shirt,£3.00...will that do? Funnily enough, I was actually in a M+S yesterday but couldn`t find anything to buy!