Sunday, August 28, 2011

The little things.......and loved ones....

Ma, Pa, big sis, son, sons girlfriend, husband and daughter and me........we had lunch here together today.  Not exactly unusual for a Sunday I guess..........a family eating together on a Sunday...but we very rarely get all together for lunch and so it felt special and we had a splendid day. It was happy and comfortable and lovely.
The mister cooked........and made another crumble......mom was happy to see that the table cloths I used were ones she had given me years ago.....still going strong ...... dad had a glass of beer........after lunch we showed them the wonder that is google earth, watched some old home videos and we laughed and talked and before I took them home, we rang my brother on the other side of the world. So nothing very unusual or peculiar or outstanding....but because it very rarely happens it was fabulous.


6 comments:

Macy said...

It's always good to appreciate it while it's happening Libby!

Kelloggsville said...

Sounds wonderful

Steve said...

It's what Sundays should all be about.

Working Mum said...

How lovely! We did exactly the same - my mum managed to get me and my brother and our families together for a traditional Sunday lunch yesterday - British lamb, roast potatoes, rhubarb crumble, etc. Doesn't happen as often as it should.

libby said...

Thanks for commenting everyone....I have been remiss lately on responding to comments and am always happy that people stop by and say something......................as for lunch yesterday...it was lovely and I realise how lucky I am........

Nana Go-Go said...

Invokes special memories that does. Thanks Libs. x