Friday, April 22, 2011

Catching up...

So.
Let us see.
What news from furthest Padua?

My cousin stayed with us last night. It was lovely to see him. He lives abroad and I haven't seen him for 7 years. He was visiting on business and stopped in to surprise us. We had a lovely evening and he drove off today with us all promising to try and meet next year.

My big sister (who, let us remember, cannot do escalators and at times can drive us all to distraction) won over £1300 on last weeks lottery. I was thrilled for her as she won it on her birthday weekend. How cool is that?.

My little sister (little? at 51?) has the heebie jeebies about some health concerns she has at the moment and I am trying to encourage her to worry less. Easy for me to say....I know that....but I really do believe that if we can focus on just this moment and forget the ones behind us and not worry about the ones ahead of us then life will be less stressful...and that has to be good. My husband also has some health concerns at the moment so I really am trying to listen to my own advice. Have to keep reminding myself though.

My beautiful daughter is home from University and eating us out of house and home......thank goodness.....if she doesn't eat then she is not well, so a healthy appetite is good news here. I am a derelict in my duty as a  mother at the moment though as earlier today, when I had no notion of what to buy for lunch (dinner is sorted) I suggested that her and her mates sat in the garden and I gave her some crisps, houmous and pitta and lots of fruit and a bottle of pimms........she may need to call childline!
I love her being here even if she does laugh at us going to bed when she is going out! I don't think she believes me when I repeat the 'done that been there' mantra to her....she cannot imagine that her mom ever danced all night or got up to all sorts or was ever young and slim......I do wish blogging had been around then and I had some evidence! or maybe not.......mmm maybe not......

Ma and Pa are pootling along and while they are not in hospital then all is well.

I visited with the other family cousins last week and that was great too.....I am so blessed to have family....not a large family but family all the same.....and I do wish I had kept in touch with them all more over the years...but better late than never.

What to say about my son? well .. he is working, and in love, so all is well....but I do wish he could get started on a career....he works hard for a pittance and I worry about him so.

Looking up from typing I am slightly concerned to see an awful amount of 'stuff' in the room....why am I such a hoarder? why do I not live in a scandinavian type, white and clean, tat free zone?? Only myself to blame I know, because I do love my bits and pieces...most of the time....and dusting and hoovering is very very over rated....

I weighed myself last night.......that was a stupid thing to do ...I am 11stone 3 lbs...however I am not 8ft tall...so there is something not quite right there.....I don't think at my age I will be able to shift the roll of fat around my middle (oh my god I must need treatment...I nearly posted a PICTURE of it just then..) unless I stop eating crisps and cake and cheese and ....well you get the picture.........so after this weekend (chocolate needing to be eaten etc.,) then I will try to cut back.....watch this space...don't watch this big fat hips/belly/arse.....

What else? oh yes....with an old schoolfriend I am going to see Rufus Wainwright at the Royal Opera House in July....does anybody know of hotels near covent garden that will NOT cost us an arm and a leg to stay in for one Monday night?

The need to be creative is hitting me again and I fancy re-upholstery as a project ..... I have the notion to recover a rocking chair that is somewhere in the scary place that we call a garage......when utilities men call and ask to read the meter they get a funny scared look on their face when I unlock the garage door.......I do believe some peculiar people keep cars in garages...how quaint...'ahem'...

The sun is shining to day and as Bank Holiday weekends go this has all the ingredients that could make it great......nothing planned (which we like) and as much time as we like for just pottering about........heaven on a stick eh?

May your weekend be wonderful.......peace and love people, peace and love xx

7 comments:

Steve said...

Sounds to me like life is mostly coming together nicely... long may it continue!

Nana Go-Go said...

Yay - great to `see` you, stranger! Yay to your sister`s good luck win and boo to all those health concerns. Keeping fingers crossed for everyone concerned.I`m eating myself up to that weight - (which is when I usually call a halt to the comforting and also the warmer weather equals salads, oh joy!) bigger than I was whence preggers, twice -but once a couple of years ago I went so thin everyone thought I had an eating disorder!Also spaniel`s lugs as a frontage is not a good look on me. I`ll stick with the large cahoonas - much more matronly!Great to have the kids home. Good weekend to ya!x

Marcheline said...

Three words: South. Beach. Diet.

It's healthy, delicious, easy to do, and works AMAZINGLY FAST. My husband just got diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, and after three weeks on SBD, he's lost 22 pounds. I just started it in earnest 2 weeks ago, and have lost ten pounds so far.

If you really want to say goodbye to the middle roll et al...

libby said...

Steve.....well there are bumps in the road which I am ignoring but thanks..lets hope so....
Nana....thank you for all your lovely comments...what made you lose all that weight?
Marcheline....sorry about your chap....but well done both of you...I'm not sure I can diet but will certainly look at starting after tomorrow...Easter chocolate here at the moment....

Nana Go-Go said...

Jogging,gym-ing,swimming,starving,fat jokes,bad photos.....and oh,yes....a man, made me lose all that weight. He`s gone,the weight`s back and I`m too old and knackered to care anymore!Happy Easter to you, my lovely. x

CATHERINE DANIEL said...

I am sooo with you on the kids-home-from-uni eating all the food thing, and the scarey garage thing, and pretty much all the rest of it. Well said.

libby said...

Nana....so glad you are grown up enough to not care about what a man thinks of your shape/size...bet you're gorgeous anyhow..
Catherine...thanks for dropping by....another person who has a garage where things just mount up..and up..and up....thank goodness we are not the only ones...