Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Internships........

Watching 'who gets the best jobs?'...........very depressing.

I can't give my children promises of a golden future......promises of work and healthcare and opportunity, with a safe environment and a reward assured if you work hard and play life with a straight bat.

Maybe I'm not supposed to be able to........but I feel guilty about it.

I am not 'connected' or wealthy and not able to 'arrange' an internship for my daughter.

She is a bright girl....with a sunny disposition. Her future is out there for her, and she will travel her own road.

Mother knows best they say.

5 comments:

Steve said...

I don't think the future for our young people has ever been so unstable and unquantifiable. There are so many unanswered questions these days. I don't envy the young at all.

Kelloggsville said...

Did you see the telepgraphs 'where children sleep'? It pulls the perspective the other way a bit. On a global balance she will do ok no matter which path she takes because she already has priviliges that others haven't. Our social system has always been geared up for wealth to look after wealth, it's so ingrained and seemingly unfair that it's not even worth worrying about. (Yours faithfully 'The suppressed masses" !!)

auntiegwen said...

She will do just fine, trust your auntie xxx

libby said...

You are all right....there is not much we can do apart from feed, water, and educate them and hope that they make their way in the world safely....I imagine our parents worried about us the same way....

Deer Baby said...

I watched that too. Yes, quite depressing. But maybe it was ever thus.