Monday, January 31, 2011

listing stuff...

If I post 5 facts about me, if you fancy it, tell me 5 facts about you.......or not, no pressure...all is relaxed and easy here at the moment as I am still in my jamas and feel a bit rudderless?....I am ignoring the fact that the kitchen and bathroom floors look like they could be verging on health and safety issues and the whole house does in fact need a bit of a do......but what is a day off for if you can't just sit in your jamas and read blogs and eat cake all day? I mean really??

So....given that there is no cohesion or arc or narrative to this rambling of mine, lets get started shall we? five facts.....

mmmmmmm.......thinks............

Unlike Auntiegwen I like driving.
I do not like sport. (it does'nt like me back....that is why I look the way I do..all arse/belly/hips wobbling).
I once declined an opportunity to have lunch with Chris Isaak...through a 3rd party obviously..I mean Chris did'nt ask me.....and let's face it he had just made that 'wicked game' video....how much grief about your appearance can you give yourself after watching that?
Cucumber makes me burp and now garlic seems to be turning against me too...
I still have a payslip from 1979.

There you go.....off to get dressed now........maybe.....

9 comments:

Steve said...

A payslip from 1979? Wasn't it cash in those days? ;-)

Betty said...

5 things - I prefer wearing wellies to shoes, hide my credit cards under rugs, like eating peanut butter from the jar, am fed up with CK because everybody has it/wants it and I can't afford it, want to travel the world by train with a back pack - as I have so little to talk about lately I could even write another 5 things on my blog I guess....

Nana Go-Go said...

Let`s all pop round to Betty`s (she`s my friend) and rearrange her rugs!!
I don`t have any credit cards - been erstwhile skint since the departure of a certain useless piece of crud - but I`m not bitter!
My Mother puts mayonnaise on her hair - she swears by its conditioning properties.
I NEVER eat mayonnaise when visiting my Mother.
I think CK is highly overpriced and extremely overrated.
I once went backpacking with my Soul Sisters with the intention of travelling around the World, so two of us gave up our jobs but one of us didn`t tell the other two she was only on annual leave so two weeks later we came back (from Aviemore, that`s as far as we got).

Kelloggsville said...

hmmmm...did clothes happen upon you today?! I eat marmite out of the jar, I caught cat eating Hubby's dinner and I didn't mention it, I eat icey pops in bed when alone, I used to listen to Dollar (did I say that out loud?!), I slurp tea but complain if anyone else does it. tadaaaa

auntiegwen said...

I fear there is nothing left you don't know...

I once seen Billy Connolly in Boots, he had a pink bobble in his hair, I was too feart to go and speak to him.
I should be running but I'm not even though my running partner is training for a marathon I am still skiving out of it
I love fancy things but will only buy them if there is some kind of sale/discount/outlet shop
I still haven't bought a new bed even though mine is broken and held up by books
No matter what money I have I always seem to spend it, a saver I would love to be but am not

xxx

deerbabyalison said...

Hey you! Thanks for not abandoning me.

I hate driving. In fact I can't drive and probably never will now.

I don't like sport either.

Is Chris Isaak the one who sang in that really high pitched voice? Like a cat howling? You should have gone on that lunch - you could have dined out on the story for years.

I hate celery. How can cucumber make you burp? It's 99% water?

Moannie said...

I wear Uggs summer and winter.

My greatest ambition was to be a Big Band singer.

I can have a meal prepared, cooked and on the table in thirty minutes.

If mugged, I would fight back.

I don't trust ANY politicians.

libby said...

Steve..yep, back in the day I was paid in cash (and no it wasn't florins or guineas..)
Betty..agree with you re CK and peanut butter.
Nana...no credit cards here either...
Kellogsville..I did get dressed eventually..and as the cat was caught on the work surface the other day starting to attack a quiche (?)I horrified myself by just cutting it in half and using the good bit....so you and husbands dinner episode sort of rings true with me....
AG...you are, as I have told you, way too generous...lovely with it though x
Deerbaby..glad you're back and feeling better..and the cucumber? well it must be the 1%...
Moannie....I was visiting my sister in Whitstable...and when in Reculver I did think of you and had I seen someone who looked like you or JP with a dog I intended to introduce myself ...somehow...and I am so jealous of you being able to provide a meal that quickly...I have no idea what we are having for dinner tonight!!

Nana Go-Go said...

Hi Libs..just to let you know that your new post entitled `The unknown` is still unknown to me because I get the `sorry this page doesn`t exist` message when I click on it.