Thursday, October 28, 2010

Such a BIG bag of crisps....

Y'know when you come in from work and you have no idea what you might have for dinner. When you wish you had a chef in the cupboard who would say 'sit down...take your shoes off...in under 5 minutes you can sit down to a lovely hot home cooked masterpiece...' When you don't fancy fish and chips. When there is not much in the fridge. At all. Hardly anything. Well there is something at the back oozing a little but you don't know what it is and you're hoping that it will be dealt with by somebody else. At some point. But will probably be you when you're having a mad clean everywhere. When visitors are coming. Or Christmas.
So you take your shoes off and put the kettle on and then stand in the kitchen, and sort of look around.
Biscuit tin is empty. Cake tin is empty. You are a failure as a domestic goddess. But then you see that big bag of posh crisps. The expensive ones. That taste so good. Usually just a few is all you need with a lovely sandwich. Before you know which way is up you are standing in the kitchen with greasy fingers and bits around your mouth feeling a bit....full...and claggy.....and the bag is empty. 'Well that's dinner sorted then' you say to the cat. Shoot me now.

7 comments:

Steve said...

"When you don't fancy fish and chips..." When is that exactly? Because that has never ever happened to me...! ;-)

Nana Go-Go said...

My name is Nana and I`m a Crispaholic!I know exactly where you`re coming from with those HUGE bags of love handle creators!Bet Rubens` women were partial to a packet of Roast Chicken and Thyme now and again!However, I`m giving the potato chips a rest at the moment - I`m right into Cadbury`s Snow Bites! They`re just so more-ish! Enjoy - whatever your fancy. xxx

Madame DeFarge said...

Like Steve says, when can fish and chips ever not be fancied? Do you have a fever? But crisps from Lidl taste sweeter..

She Means Well... said...

You've been spying on me in my weaker moments, haven't you, you Minx?

auntiegwen said...

Libs you should never let the cake tin get empty, an empty cake tin is the saddest sight xxx

libby said...

Steve..I know you are partial to fish and chips..as am I, but it was the walk to the shop that was putting me off..
Nana..Snow bites?? must investigate..
MDF...Lidl is one of those shops that now and again I like and at other times bemuses me..as the rolling stones say 'you can't always get what you want'..
SMW..glad I'm not the only one..
AG...last good cake I had was at your place!

Marcheline said...

I have SO done that. What's more (adding to the degradation factor), I accompanied said bag of chips (sorry, crisps) with a glass of wine.

At least I've graduated past my college days, when I polished off a package of Oreo cookies while drinking beer. Agh!