Friday, October 29, 2010

Observe..mother nature...

It looks so dramatic outside. All darkening skies and wildly swaying (swaying wildly?) tree branches. I have lit a candle (£4.99 in TKMaxx...very lovely) and the house is quiet. No television or radio or lights on and although I am not using a quill pen and sitting at a desk in a vicarage on the moors I feel very 'bronte' ish......quite fancy wearing a long floaty dress and having a 'master from the other farm' arrive on his horse for an unexpected visit............ahem.....am obviously in need of some carriage and corset fun on the tv obviously..what on earth did you think I meant??
Actually I think I am just really really glad it's Friday. In fact, am just getting changed to go to the pub with the mister. Not very 'Pride and Cranford and Gosford and Downton and Wuthering and Mansfield' at all.
I believe it's called a Weatherspoons.

Have a lovely weekend.

4 comments:

Steve said...

By eck, yer goin out ont moor in this wether! Eee lass don't you be fergettin yer bonnet!

Isabelle said...

I'm not going out. The wind is definitely wuthering and I've put the heating on. The cats and I are going to keep cosy. Hope you had a nice time at the pub, though.

Trish @ Mum's Gone to... said...

Wutherspoons...?

Marcheline said...

Oh.... but it's so very British! "Going 'round to the pub"... sigh!

To us New Yorkers who are stuck with night clubs, dive bars, and places that put "tini" on the end of every drink name, a good old British pub with real Guinness and real pub food is just as romantic as Heathcliff on the moors...