Friday, September 10, 2010

The other side....

Firstly...thank you so much to all the lovely people who wished me better....you know who you are...your kindness was truly appreciated.

Well, I don't know what I've had, but I do not want it ever again....am feeling so much better now ... lots of doing nothing and going nowhere and sleeping seems to have been the order of the day. How strange the body and our maintenance of it is. Wished at some points, when my husband and kids looked at me, that I had bright blue spots or a broken joint  that they could see, that would explain how awful I felt....but I gather that their telling me  'you've looked terrible' covered it anyway. Might walk around the block today, and even cook something later...the mister has been at the chip shop or convenience store every night this week,  (not that he expects me to provide dinner, we both work and usually rustle up something together each night, but as I haven't wanted food this week, he has indulged his 'ping food' hobby....buy it in a box in the supermarket, take off the cardboard cover and microwave it..he doesn't even use a plate ..).
Have been really really lucky to be able to just stay here in my home getting over whatever it is that has laid me low for the past week.......has had me just completely knocked off my feet and unable to leave the house for love nor money. I am not a shirker from work, have never taken time off when it wasn't warranted....but will find it hard to tell colleagues next week that somehow, after 32 years in my job, my body just seemed to stop....I was exhausted, light headed, wanted no food or drink and craved sleep, and just felt wretched, really awful so slept and slept....they will surely think me mad.

Am mad indeed if I do not value every day just how wonderful the body and our care and use of it is..

5 comments:

Trish @ Mum's Gone to... said...

So pleased to hear you're feeling better. The body has its own way of shutting down to help it recover. Now you're re-charged you can face the world again!

Steve said...

So glad to hear you're feeling better!

Nana Go-Go said...

Yaay...Libs is back and feeling better...sounds like a nasty viral thingy that befell you...glad it`s gone now and so I`m having a chunky kit-kat in your honour! Stay well.

auntiegwen said...

are you sure you're up to tomorrow? xxx

Madame DeFarge said...

Glad to hear that you're on the mend. Remind him that civilsed man uses plates these days!