Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Having to roll with it.......

Have just dropped 3 gorgeous young girls off at the airport...... asked the 'have you got passports, money, tickets, phones?' question......reminded them to have fun but to 'look out for each other and DONT TAKE DRUGS'....given hugs and kisses and waved good bye............have just had a call from daughter 'they say there is a problem with the aeroplane and they are going to be bussing us to Manchester...we won't arrive until the small hours tomorrow!!!!'....with her voice all quavery and little girlie and asking what they can do....just relax smile and roll it with darling...that's what life is like......and ring me as soon as you arrive.

Do you know how old you feel when you drop off 3 under 20's who have bikinis and flat stomachs, and who are talking about which club or bar to drink in and which is best to dance in?  103.......

4 comments:

auntiegwen said...

I wouldn't want to be doing it all again though, no, really I wouldn't xxx

Steve said...

I'm shaking myself... and they're not even my kids!

Trish @ Mum's Gone to... said...

Oh I bet your heart ached when you heard her quavery voice. This letting go is hard. Mine is at a sleepover at the moment and I'm fretting until he comes back. How on earth will I cope when he's off abroad with his pals.
I'm sure you're looking great for 103 ;-)

Deer Baby said...

It seems so long ago that that was me. Like the description of her little quavery voice as if she expected you to hop there and come and rescue. They have to learn don't they even though it's bloody scary for us at home. She'll have a great time I'm sure.