Sunday, April 24, 2016

Exactly....

My husband hit the nail on the head when we were talking about doing the house up once the extension is built......'we've old peopled our house too early' is what he said and he is right. No stair lifts or rails in the bathroom yet, but when the kids were here and we had no money, we bought reproduction furniture that I am quite happily going to throw on a bonfire in the next year, and as a natural and sentimental hoarder I have cupboards full of things and bits and crap....but now I'm having one of those 'why do I have stuff?' moments...and am looking forward to de-cluttering this year.
Watch this space.

7 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

Decluttering is a joy. Looking forward to the chronicling of your efforts.

Nana Go-Go said...

Must be an age thing, Libs. I'm at that stage too, bolstered by the trauma and stress my Mother's recent house move caused through her inability to throw ANYTHING away for decades! She asked me if I'd like the birthday cards back which I'd sent to her from as far back as the early '70s'! I was like 'wtf, Mother?!' I've been emptying cupboards and drawers in my own home for weeks now!

Cro Magnon said...

I need to de-clutter, but for the moment I can't bring myself to do it. My whole life would change!

libby said...

J...I think it will take me using nerves of steel to get going with the throwing away but once I'm doing it I hope to make a good job of it.
Nana....Oh gosh Nana....I'm a bit like your ma so I really do need to get rid of everything!
Cro.....try a little at a time.

auntiegwen said...

Libs - looking forward to seeing it xx

libby said...

AG....could be a long wait....card in post btw..xxx

Trish Burgess said...

I need to de-clutter but before I start on mine I have to sort out my auntie's. Now she's in a care home I have a lot of her belongings in our garage and it's driving us bonkers. I need to chuck some of it, sell other bits and keep for posterity (or if she asks for it) the rest but am in limbo as it just sits there looking at me.