Sunday, April 3, 2016

Current stuff.....

I've just shouted 'Fuck off' to Sajid Javid on the tv.
Gawd elpus - will we ever be able to trust anybody in this world ever again?
Bankers, politicians, journalists, the police, the clergy..........
One thing I know.....there are crooked chiseling people and there are 'play with a straight bat' people and I only hope that karma works and the former get their come uppance somehow someday and the latter are in the majority.
I feel a rant coming on so I will ..... breathe.....relax and move on .............change of mood.
OK...we are about to have a new kitchen in our semi....and as the tree that grows money in the garden is not in bloom at the moment,  we are trying to do as much research as we can to avoid costly mistakes. So far we have looked at Howden, Magnet, Wren, Ikea, Wickes, B+Q, Symphony.....and I am going goggle eyed with information overload now. If any of you kind readers have any suggestions (with regard to kitchens of course...) then please share.............

7 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

The best thing you can have is an honest contractor. I found one ten years ago, and won't let loose of him.

Cro Magnon said...

Look again at your kitchen, and ask if a pot of paint will suffice.

libby said...

J...does he travel?
Cro...wise words again Cro but I'm in for the duration now.

Nota Bene said...

He probably would have heard you, if it hadn't been for all hose steel workers shouting it even more loudly

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Good luck with the new kitchen Libby. Who ever you choose the process will be life-disrupting but hopefully worth it in the end. Do you have any friends, family or neighbours who have had a new kitchen fitted in the last couple of years?

libby said...

NB...I'm sad to say he isn't the only one I shout and swear at.
YP....Thank you....yes I am canvassing opinion from others but at the end of the day I have to make a decision and that is the bit I'm bad at.

sensibilia said...

We had a new kitchen last year. Honestly, at our age (over 60), the pain and disruption seemed far greater than last time we had one 25 years ago. I'd never agree to go through it again.
If moneytree is not blooming I would agree with Cro. The initial quote just keeps going up and up, never sticks to first figure. What my next door neighbour did (she's never had a new kitchen, we've both lived here since houses were built 32 years ago), she had new cupboard fronts fitted over the existing carcases. And you can get new appliances, and new ceiling lights, both refresh the look. Unless you want to radically alter the layout, it really isn't worth pulling everything out totally.