Wednesday, March 23, 2016

So....

I'm at home.
On a Wednesday.
I should be at work but yesterday I called in sick.
I have a head cold with a sore throat and that feeling of wanting to scratch your eyes from the inside? and of being underwater, with bunged up ears and nose and a tickly cough and having no energy and just generally not feeling right.
So nothing dreadful but I do feel awful.
It seems a shame to be at home but not feel up to doing anything you could do on a legitimate non working day..does that make sense?
It must be my inherent Catholic Guilt that is making me feel bad about sitting here in my dressing gown and not being at work.....although in all honesty I will be 62 later this year and I have been working since I started a Saturday job at 14 so work can go fuck itself.



11 comments:

Cro Magnon said...

I've just had almost 3 weeks of all that, so I sympathise. Make the most of it; everyone else does!

libby said...

Thank you Cro....I'm showered and dressed and that's progress.

velcro said...

I hope you feel better soon

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Hi Libby .... hope you're feeling a little better now .... I think that you deserve a few days off !! I used to feel really guilty when I was off work .... I think i was only off a couple of days in all of my working life !!
Get better soon. XXXX

libby said...

Velcro..thank you...and welcome.
Jacqueline...I have a really good attendance record if you know what I mean, but just now? couldn't go in if I wanted to...and thanks for the good wishes x

Nana Go-Go said...

I'm supposed to be going out with my sister tomorrow who is presenting the same symptoms as you so I'm having second thoughts (a visit to see Mother who we're presently trying to move into her new house but that's another story for another day!). Got no time to be sick, me. Don't feel guilty about work, Libs. I'm same age as you and have worked the same length of time so have no qualms about skipping work these days. Time was when I would drag myself in even when I had 'flu! Not anymore. Keep warm and cosy and eat lots of chocolate this weekend! x

libby said...

Nana....thank you. I do feel guilty about missing work and know that I shouldn't - I'm sure you and your sister have your work cut out with your mother and moving..us sandwich generation kids have to balance a lot of plates don't we? ..have a good Easter..x

auntiegwen said...

Sending love xxxx

libby said...

AG..thank you xxx will email you re getting together....xxx

sensibilia said...

Hope you're feeling better. I've recently had this same bu. I'm retired, but still had that feeling that I ought to be doing something, and frustrated that I felt so ill I couldn't even enjoy watching telly. Like Cro,it took me a long time to get over and my advice is, rest and take it easy. The more you push yourself, the longer it takes to get over, in my humble experience.

libby said...

S...thank you, it seems that the older I get, the more little things put me off my feet...I'm just tired!