Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Had a shower..had some breakfast.....had the right usb cable.......

Not great pics I admit but I did it!




Porto was really fun...we had blue skies and fantastic weather.



A river cruise, a cable car ride, a bus tour, a funicular ride, lots and lots of walking and some fabulous port and fish.







See that middle left photo below?  I do wish I'd looked at the name on the american passport for sale!


And the custard tarts! oh the pastel de nata! How much do I love you? let me count the ways....but I'd better not count how many I ate..........they are so so good....and who in their right mind would worry about eating and drinking a little too much on a weekend break so close to Christmas? I hold up my hands and admit that all thoughts of dieting and saying no to tasty food and drink is just not what I am about.....whatever the time of year truth be told............I truly think that a little of what you fancy does you good!


12 comments:

Nana Go-Go said...

Had a great meal in Porto once, en route to the mountains. And yes, those Portuguese Custard Tarts are what we remember best too!!They're just so melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Glad you had a good break, Libs. xxx

libby said...

Thanks Nana......glad I'm not the only one who found them just so unmissable!x

John Gray said...

Custard tarts .........better than a scotch egg

Cro Magnon said...

I remember eating custard filled doughnuts on the beach in Portugal.... they were heavenly.

libby said...

John...I am in shock...I never thought you would like anything better than a scotch egg!
Cro....seems like we all love custard.

Nota Bene said...

Lovely. Those Portuguese do great tarts for sure

libby said...

NB..thank you.....I did get there in the end! and I am going to try to make some tarts (although I did buy the pastry in a packet!).

Blogoratti said...

Seems like such a fine place. Interesting photos, thanks for sharing and greetings!

Mrs. Splapthing said...

You guys can give me all your scotch eggs while you eat the custard thingies... I'd rather have the scotch eggs! And a pint, if you don't mind.

As for "a little of what you fancy does you good".... yes, but how does one go about getting a little of Antonio Banderas?

libby said...

Hello Blogoratti....and thankyou..yes Porto was great.
M..mmm now you have set me thinking.....who would I like a little of?? to eat a custard tart with of course/1

Yorkshire Pudding said...

"a little of what you fancy does you good"...No doubt but in my opinion telling us you enjoyed a funicular ride whilst in Porto is too much information. Such activities ought to remain private.

sensibilia said...

Glad you had fun! Sounds absolutely delightful!