Friday, October 23, 2015

Hot milk and honey? good cold remedy?

My chest is tight, my throat is sore and I have that 'head under water' feeling. This is obviously my souvenir of Iceland. These are a few pictures..not terribly good but all I can find that are suitable for blog posting.
The cod was the best I have ever tasted.
I was never cold there and didn't need the thermals.
The Blue Lagoon was very touristy, and the naked showering bothered my friends but not me, and being in the milky turquoise warm water with a glass of wine was good fun, although the feeling of being in a Welsh quarry on a Doctor Who set never left me.
We didn't have the right weather to see the Northern Lights so next year we might have to try again..somewhere else.
It is very expensive there...maybe I just haven't lived but I'm not used to paying £40 for a bottle of wine.
We had a marvelous visit though even if at a funny time I suppose..no snow and ice and lights and no summer sun....but crisp and bright and just like Wales.
I like Wales though so that was OK. Although I've never seen a geyser in Wales...and the only cod I've ever had there was battered.

6 comments:

Cro Magnon said...

Sounds wonderful, apart from that 40 quid bottle..... Yipes!

Trish Burgess said...

What a brilliant summing up of Iceland - especially the Blue Lagoon. Professional photographs always cleverly disguise the industrial nature if it.
I thought the wine prices might have come down since we were there pre-crash - obviously not!

libby said...

Cro..it was wonderful and I drank less than I usually do on our weekend away jaunts!
Trish....Yes the photos are very cleverly done...

Nana Go-Go said...

Not sure about milk and honey but hot lemon and honey might do the trick. Lovely pics and glad you had a good time, regardless of the very expensive wine! Always great to 'see' you, Libs. Keep warm and cosy. x

Marcheline said...

Whiskey, honey, and lemon juice. Put it in a beaker (mug), microwave it for ten or fifteen seconds, drink it down. You heard it here.

libby said...

Nana...changed to hot water and lemon and honey....still coughing every darn night though!
M..Maybe I need the booze in it!