Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Toes, tits, teeth and colon.....

Gosh I've only been 60 for a couple of weeks and yet I feel as if I've suddenly become properly old! My toes are constantly cramping at night and making movements of their own, my mammogram today did in fact make me grit my teeth and yelp a little, my teeth seem to have decided to become extra sensitive and I suspect I need more than one filling, and I am doing my colon cancer home tester kit at the moment....such joy. I am also alert to the fact that I'm huffing and puffing when I rise from a chair now, with knees that creak, and my hair is thinning and disappearing as I type.
I really do wish I'd taken more care of myself before now. I've never been a keep fit, look after yourself type, so I only have myself to blame, but it is as if my body is suddenly shouting at me to 'pay attention!!' Is it too late do you think??

6 comments:

Nana Go-Go said...

I bought my boss a mug today for her 'significant' birthday in a couple of weeks. It says 'Keep Calm, you're only 60'! Same advice to you. I don't think creaking joints has anything to do with whether you did or did not look after yourself properly in previous years. I was doing aerobics when Jane was telling us to 'feel the burn' and every form of exercise in between!I had to give up ice-skating when I fell and broke my wrist a couple of years ago. Maintain yourself however you can manage and know that it's very important to keep moving, which I'm sure you do anyway. Good that you're having all the tests done too. Old age doesn't come itself, Libs. Don't give it a helping hand! (Great to 'see' you again, btw)xxx

Cro Magnon said...

Ageing is a pain in the neck; and just about everywhere else as well.

Isabelle said...

Oh, happy birthday and I'm sorry you hate your job. If it's any comfort, the years will whizz by and you'll be retired before you know it.

Yes, you were one of the bloggers I had in mind...!

Trish Burgess said...

I creak a lot at 50 so I think you are doing just fine. I must get back to doing AmDram as it's the only time I do any proper exercise (singing and dancing twice a week is what I need at the moment) .

Steve said...

You sound like me - aside from the mammogram - and I am only 45. Trust me, you feel like you always did it's just that your recent birthday has made you oversensitive to it all. Erm. That possibly isn't much of a consolation, is it?

Marcheline said...

To answer your question: no, it's not too late!

As for mammograms... I always wince because I have a "generous bosom" and it hurts. I wonder what they do with girls like Keira Knightley, who have washboard chests... there's nothing to put between the boards! What, do they just x-ray the whole body, I wonder?