Sunday, December 7, 2014

No place like home...........

One of my favourite films is 'It's a Wonderful Life' with James Stewart. I must have watched it every year for over 30 to 40 years and as schmaltzy as it is I luuuuuurrrrrrvvvvvve it. Makes me cry each and every time...happy tears.....tears that remind me how much I love my family, my life, my friends  and my home.

We have just returned from Somerset.
We had a truly splendid time.

Now we are back at home and I am reminded that the bathroom is a mess and that we need new carpet in the sitting room and I would really like a kitchen extension/replacement
and this is a mess and that is shabby and ..oh it goes on and on.....but.....with tweaking and a bit of thought and tlc and cash we could make our home better...and even without the tweaking it is home.

The Somerset trip was the last of my 'birthday' outings, and I didn't manage to get to Leicester, or Scotland or Liverpool and  a few other places, but Majorca, Lisbon, Vienna, Bratislava, Seattle, Canada, London, Paris and Wells have all been absolutely fantastic. I am a very lucky girl (of 60!).












10 comments:

K Ville said...

3 cheers for lady luck

Trish Burgess said...

Sounds like you have had a wonderful time. Far more important than a shabby carpet.
Where would you recommend I visit, out of these places you mention?

Nana Go-Go said...

You can get a 'Diamond' card at B&Q for your Senior Citizen's Discount, available on Wednesdays only for any DIY you're planning on doing. Lucky Girl indeed. Glad you had a whale of a time though and when you do decide to come to Scotland, remember to apply for your Senior Railcard - you'll get 30% off - that means you'll only have to pay approx £600 to get her and back! lol Have a good week, Libs. x

libby said...

K...a bit scared that there must be some bad luck heading my way soon though!
Trish....Lisbon....when the sun is shining....and I know just how much you are looking forward to seeing Rory..I remember those times so well.
Nana..thanks for the tips...I do need to investigate what being 60 means for me 'discount wise'.

sensibilia said...

Congratulations Libby on reaching this wonderful stage of life - slowing down, discounted cinema tickets and travel - the railcard is Eh May Zing as Craig R.H. on Strictly says it.
Your plan to travel instead of party sounds absolutely brilliant!

Steve said...

Leicester... you're not missing anything!

Cro Magnon said...

I agree about Wonderful Life. I do hope it's on this year.

Nota Bene said...

Always love your postcard pics...happy birthday too!

auntiegwen said...

Luffley, we must rearrange xxx

Isabelle said...

You got to Bratislava and Seattle but not Scotland. Hmm. You need to think about your priorities...

Happy Birthday! Welcome to the 60s. Frankly it's not as good as the previous decades, at least when it comes to leaping lightsomely out of chairs, but on the other hand it's probably better than the next few so let's enjoy it.