Sunday, August 17, 2014

Very Margo........




A rail of long floaty dresses from the 60's in the Charideee shop yesterday......I forgot to take a pic of the label but they were all by some chappie in London. They were obviously all from the same person and I couldn't help wonder who she was and what she got up to wearing these fabulous creations. In my imagination she had long earings and a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other .... and the music she danced to was Bobbie Gentry ..'I'll never fall in love again...'
I can't remember how much they were but I did want to buy them all .... perhaps use the fabric?
Gorgeous gowns. With a story to tell no doubt.

6 comments:

Nana Go-Go said...

I loved Bobbie Gentry! I bet the owner of those dresses knew how to partee!!Have a great week,Libs.x

Cro Magnon said...

Gosh. I'm surprised your local theatre hadn't had the lot!

Trish Burgess said...

I agree with a Cro Magnon - our group would have loved them. Abigail's Party sorted anyway. Go back and buy Ine, Libby!

Yorkshire Pudding said...

I guess there are often interesting stories behind the things that people donate to charity shops. (Fingers crossed this comment will get through the censor's net)

Marcheline said...

Reminds me of that one episode of "Rosemary & Thyme" titled "The Italian Rapscallion"... there was a woman wearing just this sort of thing, with loads of head scarves, rings and bangles, who loved Prosecco in the morning...

Curry Queen said...

So colourful! Guaranteed to cheer anyone up,on a dull day!