Monday, June 16, 2014

I'm bored with it already.......

No - not the wallpaper (which is still sitting in the hall).
Bored with talking to estate agents.
My sister, who you may remember was unwell last year, has been staying with
Ma and Pa since then, but is now champing at the bit to live independently again.
She owns a lovely little terraced house in a nice part of town, but needs to
sell that and buy a flat, as she is not able to cope with the stairs of doom in her house.
Indeed the stairs are terrifyingly steep and even I grasp the handrail like someone
gripping on for dear life each time I go up or down them, and the tread is tiny.
I have the task of selling her house and finding her a flat to live in, so that
peace will be restored at my parents....after so many months together they
are beginning to drive each other even further around the bend than they already are, if
you get my drift.
I have arranged to spend Saturday with 4 different estate agents coming to
view the property and I must admit I am not looking forward to this at all.
Her house is just like her....old, odd and out of style.
I suspect I will have to spend Friday boxing up hideous ornaments and
trying to de-clutter.
Worst of all will be when I have to explain why there is a lavatory in the kitchen.
Don't ask.


10 comments:

Steve said...

Oh God, poor you. Estate agents are the devil's droppings.

auntiegwen said...

I should be more consoling but I can't get over the fact you have polka dots. I want polka dots. I'm sorry if I am unobservant, Andrew says you've had them for ages.

And I've got to know why there is a lavvy in the kitchen... I have an enquiring mind xx

Andy said...

Estate agents. Urgh. Just tell them that the toilet is a waste disposal unit and it'll be fine.

Nana Go-Go said...

Oh dear lassie, you've got your work cut out for you. Hope there's someone to help you with it all. If it's any consolation, I'm back to the coalface tomorrow and not at all happy about it either. Chin up. x

Nana Go-Go said...

Oh dear lassie, you've got your work cut out for you. Hope there's someone to help you with it all. If it's any consolation, I'm back to the coalface tomorrow and not at all happy about it either. Chin up. x

Jay said...

Oh dear, there are better ways to spend a day! Good luck, and what's the story with the loo??

About Last Weekend said...

This is a task for the House Doctor Libby. I remember that show in Britain and Kevin and i were totally hooked on it. She went on about curb appeal and nicely tidied and styled all the stuff they already had in their house and made it so much nicer and it sold instantly. Also fresh paint. I love spring green. There was a lot of stacking of books in bookshelves etc. Anyway my thoughts are with you, this is a long and arduous task. Yu need to write us the rundown on the realtors, what cliches await!

Cro Magnon said...

A friend of mine had a flat in London's v exclusive Park Lane with a loo in the kitchen (it did have walls around it. Eventually he did away with the kitchen entirely (he ate out), and changed it into a bedroom with 'en suite'. Much better!

Trish Burgess said...

I think I have this to 'look forward to. An elderly aunt of mine may well be moving closer to me. Girding my loins for some retirement apartment visits next week. Hope all goes well with your task x

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Having a lavatory in the kitchen is very useful for waste disposal. I hope your trysts with estate agents worked out well...or maybe you forced their heads into said lavatory.