Thursday, May 2, 2013

See - I did say I shouldn't be let loose with a computer......

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6kuHJFyZ-sI/UXcM7rCzMwI/AAAAAAAAAcw/KHBYHs9fgXg/s320/reality-blog-award1-e1357511854615.jpg

I think the stuff above this is supposed to be a picture.....sigh.......

So - this is an award/meme thingumibob........and if you answer the following four questions, then you can pass it on...or not...depending on your inclination.

1) If you could change one thing in your life what would it be?
2) If you could repeat any age which one would it be?
3) What really scares you?
4) If you could be someone else for a day who would you be?

My answers are many and varied depending on so many things..... the moon...how I feel....if I'm hungry,angry,sexy,tired,........peaceful......contemplative.....drunk etc.,
As it happens, just at this moment I have a head cold and feel as if I am underwater......

So...
1) I would have gone to University and moved away.
2) None of them.
3) Aside from losing my loved ones.......it used to be nuclear war,......... 'drop and cover' as a way to save yourself seemed pretty inadequate to me, but I lacked or had so little confidence that I hoped someone somewhere knew what they were talking about and I would be safe......I lost so many hours of sleep.........
Now it is people that scare me, and the realisation that this really is all there is...........and then it stops.
4) Someone very beautiful and very rich and very kind and very well loved and very intelligent and very confident and well travelled and famous......just to see what living on the other side looks like...............or my mister so that I could see who I am from outside my own head...if you see what I mean? Gosh this makes me sound very miserable and selfish doesn't it? blame the headache and snot............

I am not sure that any of you will do it but I do hope you give it a go and then pass it on............so ..... Andy at Adventures In Reality  -  Katy at Katyboo1′s Weblog | The random jottings of a woman called Katy    -                 Nana at http://Nana GoGo: Forever Blowing Bubbles..... -  Nick at Don't panic. RTFM  and  Jody at about last weekend.....................or indeed any one of you other lovely people that I read/comment on/have in my favourites......you all know who you are........X

11 comments:

Steve said...

I can remember being genuinely terrified of nuclear war in my teens... and now that I'm older it hardly features as a fear at all. Losing my home takes precedent.

John Gray said...

I. Love reading other people's dreams x

Cro Magnon said...

I've had a close look at the questions (and YOUR answers), and frankly I can't find an answer to any one of them. Maybe that says as much about me as any answers would.

libby said...

Steve...yes the terror of it consumed many a teenage dream for me too.
John.....me too.
Cro...that is pretty good Cro...must mean you are content.

sensibilia said...

Oh dear, your fears are my fears "that this is all there is and then it stops". So well put. You often describe what is going on in my head that I can't analyse myself or won't face up to. I am going quiet for a while as I contemplate my 60th birthday this month. The cold will pass, and you will feel more cheerful again.

libby said...

S...thank you...a cold is just a cold and as you say will pass. As for our fears....maybe we are just going through what all middle aged woman go through...not the menopause..have been there/done that/got the t-shirt..but the 'now must surely be my time/nobody really needs me/what did I achieve/I miss my kids/when I was a kid 60 was soooo old but now I think it must be the new 40'.Life is very perplexing, but as I grow older I think it prudent to adopt a more cavalier attitude. Why go quiet about your upcoming 60th...have some bubbly and smile and think 'how wonderful' to yourself.......x

Nota Bene said...

Your answers are fascinating...I too would love to know what I'm like from the outside...NB

sensibilia said...

Yes, all that is what I think from time to time. Now why didn't I think of the bubbly? Sounds like a good idea. Thanks!

libby said...

NB...I'm glad you understood what I meant.
S..chin chin!

About Last Weekend said...

you would have gone to university and moved away. When you are retired could you do both? With husband in tow of course!

libby said...

ALW...maybe......we are looking forward to that period of our lives.