Saturday, May 25, 2013

Red for danger.........

When we walked back from the shops today, we had a little peek into the nest in the hedge. The Robin parent activity is still never ending, with the Ma or the Pa, I don't know which, diving in and out with food in its mouth all day long.....either lots of babies or a few very hungry babies. I peeked so very very quickly I just saw one little dark feathery head and heard a squeek, although the mister saw more than I did......I hated peeking really, but was persuaded to by the mister. Our cats are only ever in our back garden and have never been allowed to go into the front garden or road, so sometimes a cat sits in the window and watches the comings and goings but so far the Robins are safe. Although where there is a will there is a way and my worry is that I will get up one morning to find a little red breasted creature lying on the kitchen floor..............

3 comments:

K Ville said...

It is a worry. I was furious when my little cat, with 2 bells on her collar, brought a robin home. She had a pair of blue tits too.

Marcheline said...

Yes, I found the sparrows going berserk in my side garden, and went to see what the hubbub was about, and there was a bluejay on the ground, killing a baby sparrow that had fallen out of the nest. I tried to save it, but alas, I was too late. Nature, while beautiful, is also terrible.

Steve said...

Robins are very good at protecting themselves and their young... it would take a brave cat indeed!