Monday, March 11, 2013

The poor lad.......

The physio chap was a qualified, polite, quiet, personable chap........he looked to be about 15.
I was there because of my left knee.........and him having to help me out, and up, and down, and not look too horrified when he remarked 'there is some muscle wastage here' as he looked at my left thigh was not pleasant for either of us. I thought I would spare him having to find a kind way to tell me to move my arse more....so I told him that yes I was overweight, I didn't exercise, I sat in a car or behind a desk or on a couch and even at school (a very very long time ago) I couldn't sit with my legs crossed  or do handstands or have any flexibility or suppleness.........so I apologised and said  I was a hopeless case and shouldn't be taking up his precious time. I suspect though he likes a challenge, because he has said he wants to see the MRI of my knee and has given me some exercises to do and will see me again in a couple of weeks........hmmmmmm we shall see.

15 comments:

Kelloggs Ville said...

the muscle wastage on my right thigh is visible. its my sciatic leg. I guess the poor young lads get used to looking at them and it will make them appreciate the beautiful young things with wonderful thighs all the more :)

Nota Bene said...

It's amazing what they allow children to do these days...I've seen policemen, firemen, politicians and explorers who have all clearly just left primary school...

Steve said...

Bet he'll have you looking (even more) like Wonder Woman in a couple of months.

libby said...

K...he did say it was only a little bit...I think he was being kind...
NB..I know!
Steve...well he had a uniform but no magic wand!

Trish Burgess said...

I hear some stories of unpleasant things doctors have to examine. Your slightly wasted thigh would be a joy in comparison.

libby said...

Trish.....bless you!

John Gray said...

Lib
Having a young fart of a man holding my knee sounds rather........ Blissful....... Well as long as I have no pain that is

Marcheline said...

John Gray just made me snort! Heeheehee!

libby said...

JG...blissful...such a lovely word.
M....he can do that to a gal.

Curry Queen said...

Knees are troublesome things...I hope yours gets better soon.

Isabelle said...

I could never touch my toes without bending my knees, and still can't. It's never mattered much. So far.

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Not too much "up and down" I hope! I have heard of physios like that...they used to figure frequently in "The News of the World"!...Sorry to hear you're struggling and hope something can be done to ease your discomfort. How about a secret holiday in Thailand?...You needn't tell he who must be obeyed - "The Mister"!

libby said...

CQ...Thank you.
Isabelle....exactly.
YP...One day I will post about our 'Dirty Dentist' experience....he no doubt figured in the red tops at some point!...as for the trip? I think the mister might notice if I up sticks!

sensibilia said...

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Hope the lovely young teenager gets it sorted (sounds like he is therapy just in himself!)

libby said...

S...thank you.