Monday, March 18, 2013

So.....

The tale of the 'dirty dentist'.
Many years ago, the mister and I would leave our
respective offices at the end of the day and meet at our
dentist office for a joint check up.
This meant that we could travel home together.
Usually the dentist would call us in together and check the teeth of one of us while
the other stood watching/waiting.
One time he suggested that the mister might like to wait in the
waiting area as he needed to
give my teeth a more thorough inspection, and that we didn't need to always have the same appointment time...double appointments were not always available and we could attend on different days if we wanted.
The mister said 'no, it's ok I'll hang on here' and then 5 or 10 minutes
later we were all done and dusted and homeward bound.
Many years before that I had once been sedated, at a different
dentists office, for an extraction and the dentist there had
used what I thought he termed 'twilight sleep'. I don't remember much about
the procedure except my ma waking me up to tell me it was all done.
Fast forward to a couple of weeks after our joint dental
examination and the mister reading the newspaper...... and suddenly
exclaiming 'the dirty dentist!'.
It transpires that our dentist was in trouble and was to be a dentist no more.
A lady patient had been sedated for a procedure and woke up a little earlier
than she should have......to find something in her mouth that was attached to the dentist.
A different sort of 'procedure' that had been going on for some time apparently.
So.
We changed to a different surgery.
As you would.















11 comments:

Nota Bene said...

Oh my word how horrible.

Did you see that news in the paper about the doctor and his watch which had a camera in it.

What's wrong with these people?

Cro Magnon said...

Oh my god..... That's nasty!

Isabelle said...

Oh, yuck!!! What a lucky escape.

Kelloggs Ville said...

OMG! the only hope is that he cleaned the teeth afterwards. But 'euuuuuuuuugh' hope he goes to prison.

Yorkshire Pudding said...

I don't understand. What are you talking about? You've lost me. Please elucidate.

sensibilia said...

UGGH! No wonder you keep hubby alongside nowadays.

I used to visit a male chiropractor - the norm for chiropractors is that you take all your clothes off. I always made sure that hubby was sitting in the waiting room for those appointments!

About Last Weekend said...

Oh my goodness - that is the creepiest story every. What a shame she didn't just bite down - HARD I'm so glad you husband always waited for you. What a lovely thing that you did this together anyway...sort of a family ritual.

Nana Go-Go said...

Filthy B@@@@@@!It doesn't bare thinking about if he had children on his books!

libby said...

Some years later we did see the DD walking his dog in the local park...he looked very different....older, greyer, thinner and unkempt. People are curious beasts really aren't they?

Marcheline said...

Just.... EW. Over here there has to be an assistant in the room with doctors at all times. "Lawsuit Avoidance Program", I call it - but in any case, it's better than waking up wondering what that new mouthwash they're using is called...

Jay said...

Oh crikey!! That's awful!