Sunday, February 10, 2013

Yee-haa...

So this week has been......

Pa at Hospital for eye/heart checks.
Snow like dustings of icing sugar all over everything.
Staying at Ma's and feeling like I was 12 all over again.....
Seeing Les Mis (again) with my big sister.......who started to sing when Ms Hathaway did and I had to quietly shshhhh her!
Being so tired at work that I wanted to put my head on my desk and have a doze....
Buying a pretty linen top in a Charity shop.
Having a cold and a tickly cough that is driving me mad at night.
Talking to both of my kids and being so happy that they are in my life and being so very proud of them.
Going to a 'Barn Dance' in a local village hall........and buying some lovely soft leather cowgirlish type boots in a Charity shop to wear.
At the barn dance, having a laugh trying to listen to the caller and get the steps right and holding hands with
smiling strangers as we promenade around the room.


My mister buying a zillion multi packs of snickers because 'you like them don't you?' and me being forced
to eat one everyday...oh if only the excess weight went to my boobs and not to my arse/belly/hips......

12 comments:

Trish Burgess said...

You are so lucky with your charity shop finds. I had to go hunting this week to look for a wrap-around pinny and flat unattractive shoes so I can play Mrs Overall. No luck. Hoping our resident seamstress can run me up one instead.
Pass me a Snickers please!

Nana Go-Go said...

Hope your Pa's checks came back ok.Bet your Ma loved having you there.That Barn Dance sounds like a hoot - I tried line dancing once but my co-ordination is pants - even cowgirls get the blues!
My chocolate-of-choice this week are Reece's Peanut Butter Cups - Co-op have them on special - my arse/belly/hips can't resist a bargain. My boobs have always been big!Have a great week, Libs. Will write soon.x

sensibilia said...

Sounds like your week is full of variety, family, work and charity shops! I have a similar cough and cold, and do sympathise. No wonder you just want to put your head down at work!

libby said...

Trish..I saw two of those pinnies last year! how are the rehearsals coming along? and snickers are just fabulous aren't they?
Nana, thank you...and my
co-ordination is not that good either!
S....this cough/cold thing is just horrible isn't it? feel better.

auntiegwen said...

Ooooh I love snickers too, save me one. and I will happily share my excess boobage with you :) xxxx

Curry Queen said...

I'm going to show your blog to he Shah in the hope that he gets the hint re Snickers!

About Last Weekend said...

There is no justice in the world - re the snicker thing. How sweet of your hubs to buy them for you - a real gentleman. Need to see your new blouse, sounds lovely

Nota Bene said...

Les Mis again....oh no!

libby said...

AG..the snickers bar is my current pudding of the day....and you need your boobage for when we do the youtube naked ironing....xxx
CQ...step away from the chocolate..step away I tell you!
ALW..yep he's a keeper.
NB..Oh yes...and I could go again! I truly am of the masses with this one.

Macy said...

Oh imagine, just imagine if Snickers were guaranteed to give you extra cleavage!
King size would be illegal....

John Gray said...

She dreamed a dream

Marcheline said...

I've gone to the grocery store two days in a row. And bought a packet of chocolate peanut butter cups for the ride home both days. It must be catching!