Monday, January 21, 2013

Dinner?



This is what is on the kitchen table....and there are some tomatoes in the fridge ..... and I think ('cos I hate foraging around in the fridge sometimes) there is some sour cream and cheese.
Normally I would chop all the veg up and roast it with some olive oil and salt and pepper.
Today though I  invite suggestions dear readers - suggestions about the food obviously - none of this 'well stop being boring and change your job and dye your hair and stop wearing that outfit and be nicer to your folks' type of suggestion malarkey.....oh no......just something interesting to do with the above.
PS when I read other peoples blogs (I didn't put the apostrophe on peoples just then because I think it goes after the s in this instance but wasn't sure..............FFS....I don't care!!) I am sometimes interested in the 'and you may be interested in this' photo at the end....but when I have read one and then want to read another I am never back at the same place.......did that make sense to anyone? honestly? Enlightenment anyone??

12 comments:

Nota Bene said...

If that is an invite for everyone who reads your blog, then yes, we're on our way and will all be there for 7.30, with a bottle of wine.

Suggest a vegetable bake including the tomatoes...potatoes mashed and spread over the top...can't wait

P.S. don't put the fruit in........

Steve said...

A nice comfortable, warming stew... with dumplings.

Kelloggs Ville said...

you totally lost me but OH just walked through the door with a slow cooker receipe book in his hands. He suggested it was for me but after I manage to stop laughing at him, I'll hook him up with you.

Marcheline said...

1. Crock pot

2. Add all the ingredients in your photo, plus garlic and spices, and a can or three of chicken stock.

3. Turn on crock pot, start pouring the wine.

4. Drink the whole bottle of wine, forget you've got the crock pot going until almost time for bed. Suddenly remember, and turn off crock pot.

5. This kind of soup is ALWAYS better the second day!

8-)

Cro Magnon said...

I've just had a visit from my oldest son and his two lovely boys. I made a second complete Christmas dinner, so I can only suggest you buy a Turkey and have them all roasted.

Curry Queen said...

I imagine I've missed the boat on this one and, whatever it turned out to be, you've already eaten it!

Macy said...

Satay!!! Curry!!Something in a sauce, because there'll be a lot of us round..

Macy said...

Satay!! Curry!! Soup with added chilli!

Am I getting warm yet??

Yorkshire Pudding said...

People's.... The word people is already plural. My suggestion is to chuck all that boringly healthy veg in the bin and go and order a Big Mac Meal!

libby said...

Well it will come as no surprise to learn that I did indeed just roast it all.....and bloody good it was too...but thanks for the suggestions.

John Gray said...

What about pudding?

libby said...

Chocolate John......I made merry with a tin of quality street!