Monday, January 7, 2013

Day off.....

Today I get things done!

Find my hard drive.....must be somewhere in this house, trouble is I'm not sure where and I'm running out of places to look..all because of bloody burglars.....having been burgled twice I now hide things I value..and then of course because I am old of age and dim of mind I cannot find the things I have hidden....grrrr.
Make a start on the ironing so that when I am at work this week (boo hiss) I am wearing things that I haven't worn for some time.....because they have been stuck in the big basket of ironing I keep ignoring.
Sort out that drawer in the bedroom that now won't close because I have so much stuff in it.....and I will be ruthless and throw lots of things away. Yes. I will.
Clean the bits of the house that are quick and easy to do but make it look like I keep a fairly clean and tidy respectable home.......I have certain things that, once done, satisfy my 'well if the house police call today I won't be ashamed'  feeling - things like beds made/bleach in the loo/washing up done/cushions straightened and yes I know that thinking this way is very very peculiar for a fully grown woman (and just lately my belly/arse/hips combo show me to be a very full fully grown woman) but as a cradle to grave Catholic I was born on my knees with guilt as a default setting.

Of course the alternative to this scenario is that I stay in my dressing gown all day, eat whatever I want and watch films...............pause for thought....................nah never gonna happen.....but let's see what happens.
.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I have days off like that. Sometimes I do get lots of things done, and sometimes I sit on the sofa and start watching Midsomer Murders at 3pm and don't get up again until I have to make dinner.

It's all about enjoying life, isn't it.

auntiegwen said...

I know the feeling well xxxx

libby said...

Sarah.....yes you're right but I find enjoyment hard if there are jobs to do...sad I know!
AG....are you still on 'honeymoon' setting? xxx

Steve said...

I would have watched films all day. Seriously.

Nota Bene said...

I'm with Steve

libby said...

Steve and NB...mmm an interesting mental image then...the thought of you two finding a film you would both like and settling down in your jamas for a day of bunking off and popcorn eating.....

Curry Queen said...

Much as I'd love to watch films all day, I get an attack of the guilts if there's stuff to do.... :-(