Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Still tapping away.....

It has been 3 years since I started this blog.
Crikey.
Never imagined I would stick with it for this long.
Yet again, time seems to have whizzed by at supersonic speed.
So many years have flown by.......

I am no longer 17, or 27 or 47 or 57.
I no longer wear size 10 clothes.
I am no longer thin, with a flat stomach and slim ankles, and youthful skin.
My kids are adults.
My mister has grey hair.
We both wear reading glasses and make that slight grunty groany noise when we have to get up from kneeling down.
Dinner used to be eaten at 8 or 9 in the evening.....heaven forfend that we should do that now...the idea of Early bird dinner at 6pm seems downright sensible to us now.
The words pensions, mortgages, and retirement plans are peppering conversations with friends now.

On the plus side, I have found a hairstyle I like that suits me.
I do not give a fuck about some things.
I know who I am.
I hate some aspects of my personality but don't beat myself up over what I am not...not anymore.
I know who I love.
I am loved.
I still hate my job but have given myself a goal......I will retire in two years time......unless destiny steps in and changes that plan.
I look forward to my kids having kids.
When I catch sight of myself in the mirror I sometimes groan and think I look about 100.....and yet at other times I think I don't look too bad for an old gal.

Stumbling across the blogosphere 3 years ago was wonderful.
I love blogging.......reading and commenting and interacting with people that I would never have met in non-blogging land.

I am really happy to have 'met' via t'interweb some really smashing people .......made friends.

Tapping away...wittering on.....I can't see me stopping just yet....just wish I could get time to slow down a little....
Thank you for reading.
Thank you for commenting.
For being out there.

16 comments:

Earnest Petrol said...

Time works wonders... I too just wish it would slow down and let me catch my breath.

Kelloggs Ville said...

*waves* here's to another 3 (1 at leisure!)

Cro Magnon said...

Lady Magnon has been saying to me recently 'Can we eat a little earlier this evening?'. Should I be looking for a YOUNGER MODEL?

libby said...

EP..I do hope you are taking lots of pics of your boys...especially videos if you are able...looking back at them in years to come will be so wonderful..trust me!
K..'waving back'..thank you so much x
Cro...Are you mad??? hold on to what treasure you have already!

Trish @ Mums Gone To... said...

I'm so glad you do keep tapping away as I love to come over here and see the results.
This blogging thing has been quite a revelation to me too: online friendships which are just as valuable as real life ones.

hausfrau said...

17 to 57 in three years is quite a feat - I should slow down if I were you!

Nota Bene said...

Enjoy your wittering on and on and on...it's always a pleasure to read at this end! There's a post to be had in all those strange noises we make as we age...why did nobody tell us about that at school?

sensibilia said...

You are about where I am, here. I can only add that my hubby is almost completely bald and we read at the table as we eat our six pm dinner!

libby said...

Trish...thank you, and isn't it great that these online friendships really do carry the same weight as some folk we know in real life?
H..yes I didn't word that well really did I??
NB..so it's not just us then? phew...glad about that..and thanks for the kind remarks.
S....we peer at each other over our laptops in the evenings!

Nana Go-Go said...

Keep on tapping, Libs and I'll keep on reading.x

Nana Go-Go said...

ps what's happened to Steve? Hope he hasn't given up 'tapping'. I so looked forward to his posts.

libby said...

Thanks Nana x

Curry Queen said...

I agree with Trish....I really enjoy reading your blog and online friends are definitely v. Important!

libby said...

CQ.....thank you...sometimes blog buddies are easier to 'see' because you can be in your jamas, with unbrushed teeth, not showered,... and they never know!!

Leanne said...

blog-hopped my way in here, hello! This post made me smile,... because ive reached the age when i dont give a damn either!

Leanne x
talesofsimpledays.blogspot.com

Marcheline said...

Glad you're here, too! 8-)

I'm with you on most observations, except the eating early thing. Probably because of my schedule (I get home at 11PM most work nights) we end up eating in front of the TV very late at night. Even on days off, we eat around 9 or 10.

Thing is, if I ate dinner as early as 6, I'd be ravenous again later, thus eating a whole extra meal a day, and you know what THAT would mean!!!