Sunday, April 29, 2012

Riding the bandwagon...

I imagine that I am not the only one who is gripped by The Bridge. These Scandi dramas (Killing, Borgen etc.,) are so watchable and yet again I am loving my little dose of crime drama in subtitles on a far too short weekly basis. Which surprises me as I have never really watched the home grown crime stuff.....have never watched a Morse, a Midsomer Murder, Wire in the Blood, Scott and Bailey, Silent Witness, New Tricks, CSI type thing etc., I just seemed to gravitate more to the corset and carriage or soaps that I liked.
Theis in the Killing and Philip the PM's husband in Borgen were, to my eye, very sexy and Martin in the Bridge is now ticking that box very nicely thank you very much......not handsome or traditionally leading man, but real looking and very fanciable.....the sort you would want in your lifeboat if push came to shove. Or is it only me that finds them sexy?
The acting is great too, and of course now I am mad keen on visiting that part of the world for a look around.  Which is on the agenda for 'sometime' as we have just booked a midweek break for 2 nights on the Isle Of Wight...which I am looking forward to.......no need for subtitles there eh?

13 comments:

Steve said...

Yet to give this a go... but the wife and I are confirmed fans of The Killing.

Nana Go-Go said...

Brill! I LOVE The Bridge - I don't find Martin fanciable in a sexy way yet - I was just thinking how annoying all that hair on his face must be - but I like his laid-backness and his attitude towards his wife and kids.I may end up really liking him. I'm a new recruit to Silent Witness. Leo's quite tasty although a bit of a b****** to his wife!
If the Isle of Wight was good enough for Queen Victoria, it's certainly well good for you and the hubble, Libs. Osborne House is well worth a visit.Enjoy.x

Macy said...

I've been wondering... are these scandinavian countries full of good looking mature men? or are there only three good looking men, and they're all currently appearing in detective dramas?

Only one way to find out... need to visit..

Curry Queen said...

I missed both the Killing and Borgen so I was determined to watch the Bridge and find out what all the full was about and now I'm absolutely HOOKED. And I agree with you about Martin ...

libby said...

Steve, isn't it great?
Nana, thanks for the tip...I am looking forward to it x
Macy, those 'mature men' are toy boy age to me! a visit? oh that is such a good idea...
CQ....if you ever get around to catching up on the others you will enjoy them, and I am so glad you agree about Martin....

About Last Weekend said...

They turned The Killing into a US drama here - people put their lives on hold for two days to watch it. I wonder if anyone has seen the original Scandi one here?

libby said...

ALW, I didn't see the US version but part of the attraction of the original is the sound of the 'foreign' language.....and picking out words like 'com-pew-der' and 'tak'! Did you watch it?

Marcheline said...

Wow... I was all gung-ho to find out how hunky Martin was, looked up "The Bridge" and came up with a Canadian TV series that has not one character named Martin. Back to the drawing boards....

Marcheline said...

Ohhhh.... Kim Bodnia! He was very handsome when he was younger, and I think he's retained his charm quite well! He has bedroom eyes.

libby said...

M, glad you like him!

About Last Weekend said...

Libby - going to treat myself to the US version tonight then compare and contrast with Scandi version. I am nothing if not fearless in my research (and TV sloth...)

Nota Bene said...

These Scandi dramas have bypassed us...we don't watch enough TV I guess. But we do have the 'Girl who' trilogy DVDs ready to watch

libby said...

ALW..wonder what you will think..let us know.
NB..in your seemingly unquenchable thirst for 'doing/going/seeing/being at' I'm surprised you have a telly at all.....but the 'Girl who' stuff is worth a go.